Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

What's Your Tendency?

10 posts in this topic

For this month's issue of SerpenTimes, I wrote about The Four Tendencies (Upholder, Questioner, Obliger, Rebel). Which one are you? 

I'll admit that I have taken the quiz multiple times. I've gotten everything except Obliger, but my main Tendency is definitely Questioner. Obviously logic is important to me and I like it when things make sense to me.

I really enjoyed your article, so I took the quiz almost immediately after I finished it. I was thinking I'd probably get Questioner, but I actually got Obliger which I thought was interesting, and of course later decided did make sense.

I got Questioner the first time,which surprised me but then, after a moment, I wasn't all that surprised. It works for me.  I've been called a curious Mongoose before ...

EDIT: Well, I played it again to see if I got Questioner and didn't. Odly, got Rebel. So I tried again .. and got Rebel.  Again ... Rebel.    Fred and George forever! \o/

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
played it again ... a few times ... *questioning* it? :D

To the surprise of no one, I am a Rebel.

While doing research for her article, Scarlet read some excerpts about Rebels from Better Than Before. Just having that part of me understood, after being called "lazy," "apathetic," "troublemaker," my entire life by people who didn't know how to motivate me, brought me to tears.

EDIT: Every so often, when Scarlet tells me to do something I don't want to do, I get to play the Rebel card. So I got that going for me, which is nice. :lol:

I got Questioner based on that quiz... which kind of makes sense based on that description (though, of course, I wonder if these types of boxes make sense!)

Thank you for sharing this. *absorbs new knowledge* ^_^

I'm an Upholder... but I'm not as boring as it sounds.

This was very interesting. I took the quiz and got obliger, and I think this is very accurate for me. I've always been fine when it comes to doing things for other people, but it's hard for me to ever do anything for myself. I think a lot of that has to do with thinking that I myself am not worthy of doing anything for, but I want the world to be happy, so I'll do whatever I can for everyone else. My experiences that I've gone through the past 2-3 years are a perfect example of this as this time was a time that I was forced to do something for myself. It took so long because it was for myself, and I couldn't keep to it. However, I noticed when I did have that external accountability, things were much easier because I didn't want to let that person down by screwing up.

Thank you for writing about this! This is something I can definitely take with me for further discussion.

I guessed I was a Questioner and the quiz verified it. I'm a data junkie and gather as much information as I can before I make a decision.  

Of course even before I did the test I knew what I was. I'm a rebel. In fact, when I was younger I had a saying. 

Person 1: What you rebelling against?

Me: What you got?

I'm an obliger too. Wasn't all together shocked by this as taking on tasks for other people without any regard for how much I already have to do seems to run in my family but I always thought I was more selfish than the quiz might indicate.