The Slytherin Dungeons

Introduction

Winter Fling 2024 – Save Our Squid!

It's the dead of winter, and the Slytherin House Pets are anxious for spring. The dungeons and the Black Lake have been chilly and the students haven't been much warmer, bringing on an icy atmosphere to both places. The discord is soon reflected in the House Pets.

Basil: Sssso colddd....Want fooood....Neeed to feeed on firssst yearssss......

Brabas: Don't be stupid! You can't announce your plans! We go at night, so they'll never see us coming.

Basil: You ssstay.....I feeeed

Brabas: No, if you're going to be selfish, YOU stay.

Kreatcher: These are SLYTHERIN students! We are in charge of protecting them!

Annabelle, hearing the commotion, swims to the window.

Annabelle: Stop it, all of you! The Black Lake will thaw and the Dungeons will warm up. The students will return to their bright, almost cheerful selves. We just have to wait a couple of months. The gods never change!

Oh, NO! Suddenly a load roar is heard and Annabelle is trapped in a cage!

“I can't get out! Help me, someone, please!” she cries.

The other three House pets spring into action, yet despite their hisses, threats, and special House Elf magic, no one can figure out how to release Annabelle. Heck, they aren't even sure who trapped her!

After several minutes of silence, Basil finally speaks, “I think it wassss a god or goddessss....”

Brabas: “Of course! Oh, well. Annabelle was a nice Squid. She is doomed. We feed at midnight.”

Annabelle starts wailing.

Kreatcher: “No one is feeding on Annabelle! We can save her, but we need help from the students: ALL of them, not just Slytherins.”

And that's where YOU come in. Help us figure out who the god or goddess was who trapped Annabelle, and earn some shiny scales in the process! By the end of Week Three you should have the name, and at Week Four we Save Our Squid!

If you want to help, sign up below and I'll send you the password for week one!

Each Week will focus on the attempt of a different House pet to Save Our Squid, with the Fourth Week belonging to Annabelle. There will be 3 tasks each week, worth 10 scales per task. You will earn a bonus 5 scales if you reach Week Four. Emily Spencer will be hosting her legendary trivia game, with each question being worth 2 scales each.

TIMELINE:

Week 1: January 27th – February 2nd

Basil's Week: head of camel, horns of deer, eyes of demon

Week 2: February 3rd – February 9th

Brabas' Week: ears of bull, neck of snake, belly of clam

Week 3: February 10th: - February 16th

Kreacher's Week: scales of carp, claws of eagle, paws of tiger

Week 4: February 17th – February 24th

Annabelle's Week: solution and celebration

All tasks due by February 26th

If you need an alternate task, please let us know!

I'd like to sign up!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.