The Slytherin Dungeons

Sorting Quiz

I came across this quiz and thought it would be fun to share:

Which Witchcraft and Wizardry House Would You Be in Based on the Shows You've Binge-Watched?

I got Gryffindor, which is the House that I tend to get the least in Sorting quizzes. (I must be better at watching courage than actually being brave.)

Thanks for sharing this quiz, Scarlet! It was fun to take and was sometimes hard to choose between shows. Like Cole, I got Slytherin!

Here’s what it said about my preferences:

“As for your tv watching, you love shows where the protagonist is misunderstood. They might make some bad choices, but there's always a good reason for it. You don't mind a little darkness in your show line-up. Mystery. Revenge. Ambition. Cunning. These are all things you enjoy in your shows. If the protagonist is resourceful and a little bit cunning, you're all in!”

I’d say I agree with that conclusion. I love character driven shows and shows with occasionally questionable morality, so I can see why I was sorted here!

Hi Scarlet! 

Yes, thanks for the quiz.  🤔

We tried to sort you. We really did! Unfortunately, you either don't watch any tv at all (why are you taking this quiz?) or you only watch obscure shows. That doesn't mean they aren't awesome, but our sorting hat isn't all-knowing. It's not you. It's us. Go choose some popular shows on Netflix. Binge the ones that look interesting to you and come back and take this quiz again!

It's fortunate that there was a 'none of these' for some of the questions. I could have used it for even more categories!  Leverage wasn't mentioned, Good Omens wasn't mentioned ... the few things I watch basically weren't mentioned.  Oh! They did have Doctor Who and I counted it, even if my favorite Doctors are #9 and #10.   

Maybe there could be a Sorting Quiz for books read?  I might know some of them.  😆

• 1 month later...

I got Hufflepuff! Funny since I'm in Hufflepuff here too :)

"According to your binge-watching choices, you are a hardworking and dedicated Hufflepuff! Hufflepuffs value patience, loyalty, and fair play. They tend to be humble, and like to keep the peace. As for your tv watching, you love shows that have a happy ending, or a least one that is fair. Your favorite characters are the quirky ones that are often misunderstood, but that stand for something important. Your show heroes are loyal to the very end, and if Hufflepuff is in your blood, you'd stand by them too!"

I think this suits me just fine :) I do like happy endings, fortunately the shows I watch usually have them!

• 4 months later...

I got Ravenclaw! I don't generally have time to watch TV, but I do tend to watch shows that are more educations, so this fits well.

"According to your binge-watching choices, you are a witty, creative Ravenclaw. Ravenclaws tend to be academically motivated and talented students. You are willing to do research to figure out the solution to a problem. You also tend to be a perfectionist as well. As for your tv watching, you probably love a wide variety of shows, but gravitate towards shows where you learn new things. Some of your favorite shows are clever and witty, just like you."

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got Gryffindor!

According to your binge-watching choices, you are a brave and daring Gryffindor! Gryffindors don't shy away from a challenge. Like a lion, they are a force to be reckoned with. As for your tv watching, you love shows that demonstrate true loyalty between friends, great heroes, and you don't mind a hotheaded protagonist.

It doesn't surprise me, I've always been partial to action and sci-fi shows. Like many, I do wish there were more "haven't seen it" options, but I've just chosen the one that I've heard about or is closest to some I watch.

• 1 month later...

Well, at least it didn't Sort me into a house I didn't belong in!  I got the same result Tarma did: 

You might not be a wizard . . .

We tried to sort you. We really did! Unfortunately, you either don't watch any tv at all (why are you taking this quiz?) or you only watch obscure shows. That doesn't mean they aren't awesome, but our sorting hat isn't all-knowing. It's not you. It's us. Go choose some popular shows on Netflix. Binge the ones that look interesting to you and come back and take this quiz again!

But then again, I'm pretty convinced that if, say, Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, or Lord Voldemort took the quiz, they would get the same result for the same reason!

• 2 weeks later...

Ravenclaw 

According to your binge-watching choices, you are a witty, creative Ravenclaw. Ravenclaws tend to be academically motivated and talented students. You are willing to do research to figure out the solution to a problem. You also tend to be a perfectionist as well. As for your tv watching, you probably love a wide variety of shows, but gravitate towards shows where you learn new things. Some of your favorite shows are clever and witty, just like you. l