The Slytherin Dungeons

May 2024 Game Challenge: Arkanoid (Arcade)

Since no one made a request for a theme this month, we're going back to a classic - back to the original version of the first game we ever played in my version of the arcade club.  Yes, we played another modern variant of the same game two months ago... but we never got to look at the arcade original version.  The game for this month will be... Arkanoid (the original arcade version)!

Quoting from my first ever game introduction:  

Also known as "Breakout" or "Alleyway", Arkanoid was a very popular arcade game since the release of its arcade version in 1986.  In Arkanoid, you control a paddle at the bottom of the screen while there are different-coloured rectangular bricks at the top of the screen.  Your goal is to get rid of the bricks by bouncing a tiny ball off of your paddle so that it hits the bricks.  To make your life more interesting, some of the bricks will release rectangular "power-ups", which may help you out if they land on your paddle.  No matter what you do, though, do NOT let the ball fall past your paddle!

For this month, you want to go to THIS LINK  to play Arkanoid.  Screencap proof of your high score by May 31 at 11:59 PM HOL!  (And in your post, also include what type of game you want to play in June:  are you thinking of 'action'?  'adventure'?  'puzzle'?  'web game'?  'Golden Era of gaming'?  'In the past five years'?  If you win the month, I will try to make it happen!)

-Participation at all will earn you 5 scales.

-If you earn at least 2024 points or make it past the first level, your screencap will earn you 10 scales instead of 5.

-The top three scores of the month will get extra scales (25, 20, and 15 respectively for the month instead of 5 or 10) as well as special awards (and the chance for the next month's game to be in your honour)!

NOTE: You can press the Enter key to start the game; when you're actually playing you will use your arrow keys to move and the X key to launch the ball (or fire the laser if you have one).  

gCnMkpq.jpeg

My Score: 8460