The Slytherin Dungeons

Characters with Same Name

I recently finished reading Roar of the Tides by Veronica Rossi and the main female protagonist went by the name Tempest.

The main character of the book I just started reading (Under Lock & Skeleton Key by Gigi Pandian) is also named Tempest!

Just wanted to share  the interesting coincidence. The books are different genres (sci-fi and mystery), so I wasn't expecting to see the same name, especially one as unique as Tempest. It's also still a little too soon to see if the two Tempests are similar in any way.

Have you encountered characters with the same name? Did they share any personality traits? 

• 3 months later...

In the play "Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare, Portia is the name of the character Brutus's wife. 

In the play "The Merchant of Venice", also by William Shakespeare, Portia is the name of Antonio's wife, who impersonates a lawyer in order to free Antonio from the effects of his contract with a Jew, Shylock. 

While in the first play that I mentioned, Portia is the name of the wife of the antagonist, in the second play that I mentioned,  Portia is the wife of the protagonist.