The Slytherin Dungeons

“I’m putting the Elder Wand,” he told Dumbledore, who was watching him with enormous affection and admiration, “back where it came from. It can stay there. If I die a natural death like Ignotus, its power will be broken, won’t it? The previous master will never have been defeated. That’ll be the end of it.”

Do you agree with Harry's plan for the Elder Wand? If you had been in his situation, would you have chosen a different fate for the Death Stick?

10 scales if posted by Sunday, 9nd May, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Monday, 31st May, 23:59 HOL time

I agree with Harry's plan.  The way that Harry disposed of the Death Stick was a good way.

Absolutely. The wand was nothing but trouble and caused people to do terrible things. It also wasn't that useful to Harry (once he'd repaired his original wand, he had one that would serve him well) so there was really no sense in keeping it when it could have caused so much drama. I just hope they put some extra enchantments on the tomb to stop history repeating itself. I dare say Bill Weasley could have offered some ideas based on his experiences in Egypt. ;)

I also agree with Harry's plan. The wand has caused too much bloodshed throughout history, so it's best to just allow its power to die out. There's a chance he could get away with using it as a normal wand like Dumbledore did for many years, but like Sky said, once Harry fixed his own dependable wand he had no need for it. I also think it would be beneficial to place protective enchantments on Dumbledore's tomb. There's no telling how many people might know about the wand and the power it holds, though if they don't get it directly from overpowering Harry it likely won't work as well for them.

While I definitely agree that the wand's power should be allowed to die, I'm not sure I would have returned it to Dumbledore's tomb. After Harry announced to the entire wizarding world that he was the wand's master, and people saw how easily it killed Voldemort, and judging by the look on Ron's face when considering the power of that wand, well,if I were Harry,  after having repaired my own wand, I'd break that one into several pieces and toss it over a bridge during a ceremony seen by several hundred of my closest magical friends.  I'd be afraid I'd be a marked man the rest of my life over that wand.