The Slytherin Dungeons

When I read the question, what popped into my head, for my own place of 'limbo', might be something like where  T'Challa  met his father, in the Djalia (google says it is "a reality that exists outside of time and space"). 

Harry might have come up with King's Cross Station because, in a very large way, that is when he started his wizarding journey. This is the start of a new 'life' (or an opportunity for choices of what he will do, start a new life or go back to the old one).

I think he went to King's Crossing because that was the first place Harry got to be with other wizards.   I would go to Tonks' house.

I agree with people so far that Kings Cross was really Harry's entry point into his new life. I also think it represented a crossroads for him in more ways than one because it was the place he had to swap that new life for the old one every summer. It was also created specifically for people to journey from. So as a place that needs to represent the duality of the choice he has and the idea of leaving in one direction or the other, it's quite a good one.

I think mine would be in nature. Possibly a forest clearing so that it would be impossible to see very far around it, making it harder to make an impulsive decision.

I also agree with what everyone has mentioned so far. Like Sky pointed out, King's Cross is where Harry transitioned from the magical world to the Muggle world every summer for seven years, so understandably it's a key location in his life, though he may not have realized it.

As much as I hate to admit it, or honestly even think about it, I feel like my 'limbo' would probably be the basement of the performing arts building in college. There were days I spent there from 8am to 9pm and never saw the sun, moments where I laughed and had fun or cried and doubted myself for four years straight. It's not necessarily the nicest building around (so I sincerely hope it would be as clean as Harry's version of King's Cross) but it definitely served me well during a large transition period in my life.

I agree that King's Cross is a fixed point in both the Muggle and magical worlds for Harry. There are always many other alternate routes available from a train station, so it was important that Harry always chose to get on/off the Hogwarts Express.

I think I've experienced several different "crossroads" type of situations. I actually wouldn't mind a train station... An airport might be a little too hectic for me. Though I have a feeling my limbo would most likely be some type of hospital. I can just imagine being stuck in a hospital elevator while I'm trying to figure out where I want to go.

King's Cross definitely sounds to me like a place of travel - does Harry go forwards, or stay there? I also agree that it's a place of transition from the muggle to the magical.

I would be in a hallway with doors leading to different rooms and trying to decide which door to choose. 

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone here has my thoughts spot on. I believe it is something to do with transport. Harry associates Kings Cross with travel so it is logical that it would be here he travels to in limbo so that he is to make sense of it. It is also a place of true life change for Harry, from leaving one world behind on Platform 9 3/4 and being transported to another on the other side - his true home. 

I find thinking about my limbo hard. I think logically it would either be somewhere I feel at peace or somewhere I think my life changed or made a transition just as Harry's did. I think maybe the place I used to go camping quite a lot as a child would be fitting. I think somewhere in either of my last two schools would be somewhere I made a transition in my life however I don't think either of those places hold as much sentiment as the first, or Harry's.