The Slytherin Dungeons

The Journal of Lucia Dinapoli

Saturday 23rd January 2021

Dear Journal,

I can't believe I've never thought to start one of these before. It seems like a waste if I don't put my most special memories of HOL somewhere to look back on...So, where to begin?

My name is Lucia Phoenicia Dinapoli, I am a second year Slytherin student, I share a dorm with my friend Azriel Malfoy and have two pets, a black cat names Murdoc and a barn owl named Mingus. I have italian-irish heritage, and a huge family! We were raised in the North-West of England in a cottage between Dunsop Brudge and Wigglesworth. It's near this huge forest called the Forest of Bowland. It's my favourite place to explore (other than Hogwarts) with my family - I am baby number three and one of four magical children.

Currently the classes I am taking are Herbology, Potions, Divination, Mysteries of the Black Lake and Defence Against the Dark Arts, but I am a huuuuge Care of Magical Creatures nerd and hope one day I can reach Magizoologist level of creature expertise! I am a very big fan of writing and of Herbology too and I have a column in the Serpentimes Newspaper called 'Happy Herbalism'. Most recently I have became a Promising Student, meaning that one day I may be able to graduate to Prefect status. How exciting ~ I hope I can bring great pride to my house.

Today I have been preparing myself for my first task as a Promising Student, completing some DADA homework and painting of course - thats my number one hobby ~

Well, that's about it for now, I hope I can use this journal well...

~ Lucia

5 scales awarded

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 12th February 2021

Dear Journal,

What a few weeks it has been. I successfully graduated from my first term classes, even collecting myself a few Awards for my efforts, and now I will be progressing with Art: A Magical Study, Patronus 101, Wand-Making and Parseltongue. I am so excited to start my new classes, they're all somewhat in the creative field and I am super excited to broaden my Magical knowledge. 

My work outside of HOL has seemed to pick up its pace, and I've been completely full of fine art tasks, essays and humongous assignments to complete. Those paired with a huge lack of inspiration and motivation to get me there kinda sucks, but HOL has been getting me through and inspiring me along the way, especially now with my Art classes. I've been feeling a little lonely recently, and I am hoping that the upcoming Promising Students task will help me through that and give some other satisfaction to my currently very mundane isolating life! 

Of course, I have my kitties and my books and my music, but sometimes there's nothing better than a little secret Hogwarts party ~

Anyway, I best be off to finish my homework...
Talk again soon,

~ Lucia

5 scales awarded

• 1 month later...

Sunday 14th March 2021

Dear Journal,

It is the evening before the promising students are to go live with out first event, Spring Staycation! I am very very excited, not only for everyone to take part and see what we have organised so fruitfully for them, but to participate myself. It really looks like so much fun and I am very proud of all of our efforts. I hope that the Dungeons members will enjoy it just as much as I have enjoyed being a part of organising it. 

Recently I have had plenty of outside stresses; between work, finances, family and studying I have felt a bit strung out and have had a lack of inspiration and motivation. I have been frustrated with myself for it too, but I have come to realise slowly that in such an odd time in the world it is normal to feel this way, and it has helped lots speaking to others who have also felt the same. I don't feel as alone in my troubles through the pandemic. 

Exciting news however, I have received my Muggle vaccination against the virus and am taking this as a hopeful event that will start to brighten up my future days. Even though I will be spending another birthday in lockdown I will try to enjoy myself and will be kept busy with Promising Student duties - how great!!

Lots of studying to be doing and never-ending homework to finish,
Talk soon,

~ Lucia

5 scales awarded

• 4 weeks later...

Monday 12th April 2021

Dear Journal,

It's been almost a month since I wrote and I feel as if so much has happened that I have to tell you about!

First of all, I have been bogged down with so much University work and Romanian Lessons (did I mention I am learning Romanian?) I felt I have neglected HOL recently, but since my last deadline in next week I'm hoping I'll be able to focus more of my energy back on HOL homework's and Promising Student tasks. Speaking of Promising Students, our Spring Staycation event went wonderfully. Over the four weeks of tasks 20 people got involved in the trip - the creativity shown was outstanding and I had so much fun working with Aurelia and Louis. I hope I am able to participate in something similar soon!

Despite my recent family losses and my ridiculous lack of luck with my personal health, I am feeling a little better. The sun is slowly starting to come out more in the UK, and the lockdown is beginning to lift, I am excited to see things (hopefully) return to normality. I have had my COVID vaccine and I am 100% ready to be able to eat at all my favourite restaurants in the city again...I feel as though they might be excited too - the businesses deserve it. 

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention me and my boyfriend are looking at flats together, how exciting? There's nothing set in stone yet, just going for some viewings and such. His family aren't very supportive of him moving out unfortunately, however, he is an adult and should be able to live independently if he wishes. I think they just want him to live in his neighbourhood forever and never do anything with his life, they treat him like he is idiotic which is frustrating as he is very capable and clearly ready to fly the nest. I don't understand why everything has to be so dramatic? *eye roll*

I celebrated my 22nd birthday (my second lockdown birthday boo hoo) and actually didn't have an awful day. People on HOL even remembered, how sweet? I really was touched. I spent the day in one of my favourite local parks, ate lots of chocolate and got very wine drunk!

Hopefully things keep looking up and moving forward,
Talk soon,

~ Lucia

5 scales awarded

• 1 month later...

Wednesday 13th May 2021

Dear Journal,

It feels much longer than last time! I feel even though I have completed my first year of University I have been more busy that ever. As lockdown restrictions lift and I am preparing to go back to work and see my family I have been under a lot of stresses. I did however finish my year of studies with nothing but firsts in all of my modules - I am very proud of myself. I celebrated by getting some tattoos, three at once this time, which takes my total up to nine. They haven't even healed and I am thinking about another, ahaha. My health has been pretty bad too recently; I am hoping after ten years of problems swallowing my next hospital referral and possible surgery will be my last!

I guess other than that nothing much else has been going on, the weather is as glum as ever and yet I have been outside more and more, enjoying the fresh air but wishing the rain would be replaced by sun. Not much else to be expected in england I suppose. I have been spending my free time crocheting (I finished a blanket) and building new furniture in preparation for my move. It is a lot of money so I am hoping my finances hold out for the year until I can get my next student loan...please pray for me.

Anyway, I better get going, I have lots of homework to finish!

Take care and talk soon,

~ Lucia

5 scales awarded

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 28th May 2021

Dear Journal,

It's coming very close to the HOL year ending and I am becoming quite emotional. It has been a very very fun year with so many activities. I  only have a few more exams to take and then all my classes are complete until next year. The Emerald Cup activities seem so exciting so I can't wait for that, and I am attempting to build my own class for next year so I still have lots of things to get along with to keep me busy until the end of the year!

I have been working on building my art up a little bit as exhibits and galleries have started to open back up so I have been very inspired. Hopefully I will have some time to experiment before classes start back up in September. I have lots of events and things coming up over the Summer, including one of my friends getting married so I have lots to organise. I hope everything can run smoothly and my plans don't all fall apart. I get very anxious when I have lots of things happening, its like my brain has hundreds of tabs open...wish me luck!

I will check back in next month for an update...
Take care and talk soon,

~ Lucia

5 scales awarded

Thursday 3rd June 2021

Dear Journal,

So that is it! All my exams have been submitted and I am officially lesson free for the Summer. The Emerald Cup has just begun too and I am so excited to see the rest of the tasks - I certainly am hoping Brabas gets the justice they deserve! I am certain they are innocent!

I've been rather busy packing for my vacation today. I leave for the countryside tomorrow afternoon and I am looking forward to being in nature; the hangovers I am not looking forward too. I am hoping we have the weather for swimming and hiking. I've been practising my cocktail making skills but I think I am going to stick to the wine and try not to vomit too much.

I have a meal tonight with my family and boyfriend to celebrate my younger brothers 21st birthday and my Dads 59th! Both of whom I won't get the chance to spend any other time with. I have been feeling guilty about it but I recon I have spent far too much time with them over lockdown anyway, they're probably sick of seeing my face.

As well as all of this I have been called back into work after a year of Furlough. A good sign but it means I have less time to myself. Hopefully I don't get many customers. I will be back in time for my Emerald Cup tasks next week and then off again on another adventure so I will update you when I can.

Take care and talk soon,

~ Lucia