The Slytherin Dungeons

Welcome! We Don't Bite... Hard.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

HI Snakes!  My name is Selenophilia Moon. I am a first year Huffle puff. I am looking forward to a great 1st year here at Hogwarts. I look forward meeting you in halls going to class. I hope have friends from each house. I hope every one has a safe and good school year.  See you in class. 

Selenophilia Moon

1st year Hufflepuff

Edited by Selenophilia Moon

Boggart is a great idea. I think we need to be light on pranks when it comes to Prof. Amy Lupin. She may be a Lupin but she is still a Slytherin. As Cody pointed out, we could go for Prof. Jenny Lupin, she is a Gryffindor  - we don't need to have any mercy. B)

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Lena Emeraldgem, and I'm first year Ravenclaw! I saw a mention that I'd be welcome if sweets were brought...So I have dozens of chocolate frogs for those who like them :D

I'd love to make friends and I hope we can share that common interest. I'm loving my classes so far, I've really taken to Herbology and Dragons. I've got 3 bearded dragons, closest thing to being able to own a real dragon! They're harmless besides their little claws. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mable Man here,

I am doing a research project on the consumption of Harry Potter franchise, and wondered if anyone would be so kind enough to answer if this website has enabled you to feel closer to not only the Harry Potter Franchise, but the fan community itself. I am a huge fan myself and would appricate greatly if anyone has the time to respond, any response big or small would be amazing!

Hello, Mable Man! Welcome to Slytherin! :slytherin:

I cannot speak for others but my answer is yes, it has enabled me to feel closer to HP universe and community itself. HOL compared to other HP communities is unique. Instead of gathering and providing visual stimulus only, it offers an excellent community, safe environment, you can challenge yourself, and there are numerous options to stimulate creativity and imagination.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:15 PM, Dexter York said:

Hello, Mable Man! Welcome to Slytherin! :slytherin:

I cannot speak for others but my answer is yes, it has enabled me to feel closer to HP universe and community itself. HOL compared to other HP communities is unique. Instead of gathering and providing visual stimulus only, it offers an excellent community, safe environment, you can challenge yourself, and there are numerous options to stimulate creativity and imagination.

Thankyou so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. And I'm very glad that you feel that way about the website and it is a safe place for fans to come together. Your answer has helped my study a lot. Thanks again :)  

• 1 month later...

Hi there!  I'm Emily Spencer, a first year Slytherin.  I also go by Em, and can't wait to meet everyone.  Other than HP, I love Star Wars, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, and Criminal Minds-not necessarily in that order lol.  Ta for now.

No worries, this Badger will never eat snakes. I have a pet pygmy dragon (aka a bearded dragon in RL) so I love reptiles. And Diva (my dragon) is my girl.

What kind of yummy treats does Basil like? Any fruit or bugs?

I'm Pezzie Wolfe. I'm a long term fourth year it seems. My RL health issues keep me from completing things. But I will not give up. I hail of course from Hufflepuff. I have been around HOL since 2003. Going to 16 years. Best years ever! And always.

I hope Slytherins are well as with everyone else.

Hi Dexter! Thanks for the welcome!

Waves wand for some frog cookies for Basil

There we go, yummy treats for a sweet Basil.

Offers the cookies to Basil.

Who says it's chilly down here? It's quite a warm place here. Besides, Basil needs to stay warm in the day.