The Slytherin Dungeons

The bloody trail of the Elder Wand is splattered across the pages of Wizarding history.

Of course the most bloody handoffs of the Elder Wand are known, but what is one of the quieter parts of the Elder Wand trail? Tell us about the parties involved and when the exchange occurred.

10 scales if posted by  Sunday, 24th January, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before 31st January,  23:59 HOL time

One of the more quiet exchanges of who 'owned' the Elder Wand is when Draco Malfoy became the unwitting owner because he disarmed Dumbledore up on the Astronomy Tower, thus 'defeating' him.  That exchange proved to be true, even though Dumbledore retained possession of the wand and was buried with it. (One wonders just how it was that Draco 'defeated' Dumbledore, though, when Dumbledore had the most powerful wand in existence as his own tool. Had Dumbledore decided he didn't want to chance harming Malfoy, or was he just so weakened by the curse that he didn't have the will and/or the energy to defend himself?)

Or did the Wand itself decide?  I found this with a quick Google search:

The Elder Wand decides its own destiny

Mr Ollivander’s famous statement ‘the wand chooses the wizard’ rings just as true for the Elder Wand as any other. However, according to J.K. Rowling, there are some distinct tendencies in its manner of choosing: ‘The Elder Wand knows no loyalty except to strength. So it’s completely unsentimental. It will only go where the power is.’

Though any wand can potentially switch allegiance, most hold some degree of loyalty and attachment to their masters. By contrast, the Elder Wand is ‘dispassionate and ruthless’ in its need for power, forming no true bond with the wielder.

We know the Elder Wand is drawn to power. But what does this ‘power’ actually entail?

‘The emotional state of wizards where a lot hangs on a duel, that’s something different. That’s about real power and that’s about transference that will have far-reaching effects in some cases.’
J.K. Rowling, Pottercast interview, 2007

With that in mind, consider the Elder Wand’s decisions in the final two books. The stand-off between Draco and Dumbledore was fraught with emotion – Dumbledore knew he was about to die while Draco raged an internal war with his own morality.

My guess is that the Elder Wand knew Dumbledore was dying, and also in Dumbledore's weakened state his focus was briefly on Harry. I don't think Dumbledore wanted Draco to disarm him, but was hoping Snape would show up and Avada Kedavra him, so he'd die undefeated. 

No one seemed to even know Dumbledore's wand was the Elder Wand, so when he won it from Grindelwald, the path must have been very quiet then, I think