The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

Era 3: Build a Lightsaber

In the Star Wars universe, lightsabers are special. A Force sensitive person gathers crystals that produce different colored blades. Each color represents certain qualities.

Meaning of blade colors (crystals):

• Blue hue blade users use the Force on a physical level, mostly used by users from the light side.
  • Green hue blade users prefer to reflect on the mysteries of the Force and fight the dark side at its heart.
  • Yellow hue blade users honor their skills in a balance of combat and scholarly pursuits.
  • Red hue blades come from synthetic crystals and their users along with orange and magenta blades favor the dark side. blades come from synthetic crystals and their users along with orange and magenta blades favor the dark side.

Lightsaber crystals of different hues could also be used in the same lightsaber to make a new blade color. For example, a purple blade is made from red and blue crystals. Purple represents uncertainty, reconstruction, and recovery which makes purple blade users not fully stable and preferring isolation but also have high energy, sympathy, compassion, and the relentless determination to accomplish one's goals. Purple blade users share an affinity with both the light and dark side of the Force.

The crystal represents traits, purpose, and views, while the hilt compliments the crystal (by channeling) and represents a fighting style. Each force sensitive person assembles their own hilt. There are no two hilts the same.

Now, it is time for you to build your own lightsaber! Website: http://www.saberparts.com (Left arrow zooms out completely)

Guides that might help you to complete the task (open then click to enlarge):

Share your finished lightsaber along with a brief description. Consider discussing the following questions:
- What is the color of your crystal?
- What does your crystal stand for?
- What is your hilt made of?
- How many parts are in your hilt?
- Why are certain parts present?
- Which side does your saber represent?

If the website is not functional for you, you may either draw your own lightsaber or write out a description in 100 or more words. Please keep all images to a maximum size of 600x600 pixels.

This task is worth 15 emerald shards. However, the Force will be determining whether the emerald shards go to the Heroes or Villains. You will only find out after you have posted your lightsaber.

Task provided by Dexter York

The colors of my blades are purple and blood orange.The purple is a composition of red and blue crystals. It stands for uncertainty, reconstruction, recovery, high energy, sympathy, compassion, and the relentless determination to accomplish one's goals.The blood orange  crystal is the mixture of Red and Yellow crystals. It stands for its skills, loyalty to the owner, and its high power against which non other blades can stand.

My hilt is made of a heavy metal. My hilt contains 3 parts which are 2 Emitters and a Body.The Emitters are required to emit my blades and the body is required for a grip. My saber represent both the light and dark side, but works more effective in favor of the dark side.

ee0b3229-88a9-430e-84d7-2af3b440b0b5_5.142.0.0-1.198.4.0-3.78.4.0-7.152.21.0-1.197.2.0-7.152.18.0-5.142.0.0.png

15 emerald shards to Villains

I'm just going to go with saying my lightsaber would be red, because I like the dark side of life. This is why in wrestling I like heels and why in HP world I'm defiantly a Slytherin and Death Eater. Down with anything light. Down with goodness.

Also the hilt would be leather, because I love the feel of leather, and it be a saber that easily can break to two pieces so I can either fight with one long bow or two smaller weapons.

10 emerald shards to Villains (make sure you hit the 100 words to get all 15 shards!)

Emerald-Cup-2019-light-saber-indigo-blad

Pommel - Phoenix
Switch - Resilient
Body - Jade
Emitter - Vigilant
Color blade - Indigo

I kept it simple, with just the one blade.

What is the color of your crystal? - clear azeztulite / indigo
- What does your crystal stand for? - eliminate negativity
- What is your hilt made of? - pommel, switch, body and emitter
- How many parts are in your hilt? - 4
- Why are certain parts present? - something to hang onto, something to turn the light on, something to bash with the other end, something from which the light emits
- Which side does your saber represent? - probably chaotic neutral

15 emerald shards to Heroes

The color of my crystal is Artic Blue, which means that it will be used to fight for the light side. My hilt is made of a switch, pommel, chamber, coupler, plug, and emitter, making six parts in my hilt. Most of my parts are there for design and they make my saber easy to hold on to and fight with. My saber represents the light side :D 

Webp.net-resizeimage (6).png

My blade lights up for the Heroes, and for Slytherin :D

For the most part, my saber is sleek so it won't catch on anything, but i did add the staff handle so I can use it as a combat staff too :D I chose the leather grips to help me hold on to it better, and everything else is designed to be pretty, which is why i chose Chamber 3 so you can see my green crystal too!

Ari-Light-Saber.gif

Parts
ASP . Pommel 17 . Weathered
ASP . Staff Extension 1W . Weathered . Medium Green Leather
ASP . Resilient Body . Weathered . Medium Green Leather
ASP . Chamber 3 . Weathered
ASP . Vigilant Switch . Weathered
ASP . Black Lotus Emitter . Weathered
ASP . Led 12W+ . Green
ASP . Blade Plug 2 . Black
ASP . Blade 32''

I didn't design mine to represent something, I made it so that it looked nice. My hilt is made of 5 parts. I did two blades, one mint green and one pink. 

Be-Funky-design-27.jpg

gZix8WF.png

My lightsaber is powered by a blue crystal, so it represents the light side. The blue hue helps hone the physical aspect of the Force. I didn't want the hilt to be too cumbersome, so I kept it rather simple. It is made of four parts. The hilt is made of silver alloy, providing some flexibility for the unpredictable. 

15 emerald shards to Heroes