The Slytherin Dungeons

“He’s just nervous,” said Harry.

“Well, that’s a good sign, I never feel you perform as well in exams if you’re not a bit nervous,” said Hermione heartily.

Ron is a nervous wreck before his first Quidditch match. Do you agree or disagree with Hermione’s sentiment that nerves are a good sign? 

OR

Share a moment when you were nervous. How did it pan out? Were you able to calm your nerves? If so, how? 

10 scales if posted by Sunday 13th January, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Thursday 31st January, 23:59 HOL time.

Nerves. It depends on what effect they take. If you get so nervous that you're barfing, that's one thing. If you are nervous and 'alert' that's an entirely different thing!

My first Quidditch game ... ever ... I seem to remember being put as Keeper by the then Captain. I was so nervous that I simply could not type legibly for most of the game. Period. My fingers were shaking so hard that all that came out was gibberish. Finally, about 40 minutes into the game, I could type and actually make words which looked like proper words.  I was actually able to block Seven - maybe 3 times? (I think that he'd steamrollered over me so much that he was slacking off, so when I was finally able to type properly, he was taken by surprise.)  ☺️

I think being nervous CAN be good; it's certainly better to be cautious and really think about things rather than be overconfident and mess things up because you missed something!

I don't know if it's 'good' because I don't really have much to compare it too (I am always nervous, even over the silliest of things). I suppose there is some truth in what Hermione says and Arianna makes a good point about the opposite being worse but for me, nerves are just something you have to push through. I get this every time I have to sing and present at my friend's concerts: I am absolutely petrified all the way through and just winging it, hoping nobody notices. (And like Tarma, the shaking is real on that one)