The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

Dumbledore’s Army - Task 2

The walls were lined with wooden bookcases, and instead of chairs there were large silk cushions on the floor. A set of shelves at the far end of the room carried a range of instruments such as Sneakoscopes, Secrecy Sensors, and a large, cracked Foe-Glass that Harry was sure had hung, the previous year, in the fake Moody’s office.

Imagine that you’ve walked into the D.A. room for the first time. What do you notice? What will you do when you enter the room? 

10 scales if posted by Sunday 6th January, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Thursday 31st January, 23:59 HOL time.

The first thing that I would do is go play with all the neat gadgets. Then, I'd walk along the bookcases and take down books that look interesting until they get so heavy or I can't hold any more of them in my arms. I would settle in the most comfortable blue silk cushion and sift through the pages as I wait for everyone else to arrive.

When I walk into the Dumbledore Army's room for the first time, I first notice the apparent size of the room. It seems huge, but there is so much stuff in it that it's not an echoing sort of large but filled with wonderful things-to-explore sort of almost cozy.

Books! Oh, books.  After I sniff at the air (having a craving for pizza suddenly, and maybe some sort of beverage to go with it but alas there doesn't seem to be any food around) I wander over to the books. How are they arranged? I wonder if there are any books about creatures and about plants? So I would wander -- to discover if there is an arrangement and if so, how it is done, and then I'd pick out one or two and, like Scarlet, find a cushion to plop on and indulge. :) 

I would definitely be drawn to the shiny gadgets at the end of the room. I love objects, particularly interesting devices in peculiar shapes. I would probably have to be dragged away when the meeting actually started and would almost certainly try to take one of the smaller dark detectors to fiddle with while people were talking.

i think i would want to explore the place, test out the range of spells, and make sure there was enough room for everybody. Also, refreshments? i think refreshments would be good...perhaps i'll check around for those....