The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

The Sorting Hat’s New Song - Task 2

food had appeared out of nowhere, so that the five long tables were groaning under joints and pies and dishes of vegetables, bread, sauces, and flagons of pumpkin juice 

The new first years have been sorted and it’s time to feast! Where will YOU begin? Food descriptions and pictures are welcome!

10 scales if posted by Sunday 18th November, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Friday 30th November, 23:59 HOL time.

My stomach growled as I read this.

Two things -- something with potatoes. I do love potatoes with cheese and cream and herbs and vegetables. Then -- (I'm probably influenced by my longing for anything BBQ at the moment!) BBQ to go with it!  I think if there were BBQ ribs, cooked lean and well but not overdone,  I'd pile them on my plate (knowing that the plates would be magically clean for the next course). I'm not that much of a carnivore but BBQ pork ribs are a very much treat to me. So messy! :D 

As for what to drink -- at which table am I sitting? 😄

I'd definitely go for mashed potatoes with plenty of gravy. I like to mix corn in with my mashed potatoes. Not quite sure what protein I'd want... That'll depend on my mood and how easy it is to reach. *g* It's really hard for me to say no to anything with mushrooms or broccoli or shrimp. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin juice, so I'd opt for a large glass of apple cider.

I am all about the carbs!! Bread, cakes, pasta, yes please!! I'd also love some shrimp, and apple cider sounds great, especially if its warm!! I'm also looking at desserts, the only thing i love more than carbs is sugar!!

I once wrote an an entire piece for a HOL newspaper about my love for roast potatoes so definitely those, probably with some kind of cut of beef and gravy (possibly even steak  pie, which Harry ends up eating twice in a matter of days in this book which always amuses me. )

I'm with you on the pasta front, Arianna. I don't think it is EVER mentioned as being served in the Great Hall and that is something the house elves and I would have words about. I cannot go an entire term without pasta. 

While potatoes are wonderful is done right, I want to sink my teeth into some fried chicken and ooey gooey mac and cheese, buttered corn on the cob, and for desert is a toss up of the decadent chocolate cake or the mile high apple pie!