The Slytherin Dungeons

I know we don't get into the details of Voldemort's origin story until next year's Half-Blood Prince Read-Along, but especially with Halloween coming up, it's definitely villain time!

The movie Venom about a villain from the Spiderman universe recently came out and there is a Joker origin film in the works as well.

I recently read Heartless by Marissa Meyer, which was the origin story of the Queen of Hearts. If you're familiar with the Lunar Chronicles, you know that Marissa Meyer is really good at writing villain backstories. 

I just finished Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas, which is part of a DC Icons series. I've always liked the villains in Batman and I enjoy the author's writing style, so it made sense to try this book. And I'm glad I did! Even though Catwoman is obviously the focus, the origins of Poison Ivy and some others were also mentioned. (I'm a couple seasons behind in Gotham, by the way.)

What are some of your favorite villain origin stories? Do you recommend any books/movies/TV series?

Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons comes to mind. 😄

And for all the flak the prequels get, it's really cool watching Anakin fall to the dark side in Revenge of the Sith.

Venom not really a villain more of a Anti-hero.  I actually prefer him to Spidey. Anti-heroes tend to be a bit more complex.  Punisher is another one.  Personally I think Voldemort got the short end of the stick. There is so much depth to his back story that got glossed over, especially if you taken into consideration what the society was like back in that time period versus us trying to see him through the eyes of this time period. Think to date my current favorite is Deadpool.