The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

Puzzle Exchange - Sudoku

Now that all the summer scales are squared away, we’ll be exchanging… SUDOKU!!

Sudoku puzzles are very popular on HOL, popping up in activities and assignments for classes. The rules for completing a classic Sudoku are easy to grasp: every row, column, and 3x3 “box” contains all of the digits from 1 to 9. Now, there are several different variations of Sudokus available, including puzzles where the numbers are replaced by letters or images. Here is an example SLYTHERIN Sudoku:

c404034c72.png

The puzzle has been around since the 19th century, appearing in French newspapers. Puzzle books featured Sudokus since 1979, but with the name “Number Place.” The Japanese puzzle company Nikoli made the puzzle popular, giving it the name Sudoku meaning “single number.” You can find Sudokus on many sites, such as this one.

Post your puzzles below along with the following information:

• Title or theme (optional)
  • Type of Sudoku (if applicable)
  • How to submit the solution (E-mail, Dungeons PM, HOL message, etc.)

Each puzzle you make is worth 10 scales. Solving someone else’s puzzle earns you 5 scales. You are allowed to post and/or solve multiple puzzles, but keep in mind that the maximum number of scales you can earn per month from Puzzle Exchange is 50 scales.

Please remember to edit your post when other people solve your puzzle(s) so they can receive their scales.

You can solve the SLYTHERIN Letter Sudoku from the introduction post if you wish. (While making this puzzle, I realized that all the letters in my real name are in SLYTHERIN!)

c404034c72.png

10 scales (October 2018)

Send me the solution via Dungeons PM with the subject: Slytherin Sudoku

Solved by:

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black 5 scales (October 2018)

Here's a sudoku using the date of Halloween (OCTOBER31) for its characters!

Sudoku_-_10.1.2018.png

10 scales (October 2018)

Send me the solution via Dungeons PM with the subject: Sudoku October31

SOLVED BY:

Professor Scarlet Leslie-Lewis 5 scales (October 2018)