The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

The Order of the Phoenix - Task 2

But Dumbledore says he doesn’t care what they do as long as they don’t take him off the Chocolate Frog cards. 

What is your proudest accomplishment or award (either on HOL or in RL) that you would never want to be taken away from you?

10 scales if posted by Sunday 7th October, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Wednesday 31st October, 23:59 HOL time.

The 4,000 pointer award by Hufflepuff is the award that I am most proud of. I just earned it one time when I was a fourth year. Though it might not sound as illustrious now, it is a big deal for me then until now. Very few badgers have earned the award so I am grateful to be part of them. It is very hard to be consistently active in HOL throughout the year so I am thankful to earn the award even if I only earned it just once. Any Quidditch-related award (though not that many) is also very satisfying for me since it acknowledges the skill and hard work for the game. But a very special award that I won is the Parker Award which I won in my second year at HOL. I earned it for being a skilled mischief maker that I am. I still don't know how but I earned it, haha. 

I guess coming in third place in the Gryfftoberfest motto contest is my greatest achievement on HOL. I’m a first year so I haven’t been here very long. About a month. In RL, I guess it would be getting into a university at 14. The motto contest was kind of funny, becasue I got on HOL before class started this morning and found that I had 15 beans. I had no idea why until after class and I took a look at the Gryfftoberfest to see what was happening. Haha 😂 

I  think that the award in which I I take the MOST pleasure is my  Race Finisher Award  from Broom Race - The Race Across Sweden. Professor Dom Gaidin is the person who created the Games Tent in the Sett, and, while I've continued with his ideas, I've toned down the challenge aspect a bit (okay, a lot sometimes). Broom Race  - The Race Across Sweden was one of the most difficult and challenging and incredibly fun classes ever. To actually receive that finishing award is something of which I am very proud.

On HOL: probably the  Gryffindor 'Pride of the Pride' award I got this summer. So few people have ever received it but more than that it was just a reminder for me of the value of sticking at something and giving it my all even when times were seriously, seriously hard. In RL it would have to be my First Class Honours BA in English Literature and Creative Writing. While I should (all being well) be getting a strong classification on my Masters sometime soon, the BA will always be my biggest accomplishment. That degree was unspeakably difficult for me due to the failure of my university to support me properly and the fact I came out of it with the joint highest grade of my cohort still amazes and bemuses me.

Edited by Sky Alton

In RL, I'm proud of my back-to-back silver medals at the National Science Olympiad tournaments. It was for the same event both years - Water Quality. Although there was a different focus each year, any topic associated with freshwater was fair game, ranging from rivers/streams to lakes to glaciers.

For volleyball... my first pancake! Even though a pancake is more of a last-ditch defensive maneuver, the realization that I could actually pull off a pancake was momentous. (It also helped that my team actually won the point after the pancake! Doesn't happen a lot.)

On HOL, I've kind of been thrown into positions that I never expected. I was asked to join Quidditch Board at a time when I considered myself "just a Seeker." And yeah, while EVERYONE expected me to come to Slytherin, I didn't expect a: "Hey, can you be Head of House of a House you haven't even officially joined yet?" I like to think that I did these positions justice and made positive changes.