The Slytherin Dungeons

A couple weeks ago, the newsfeed on my phone suggested an article titled: 5 Modern Muggle Board Games We Think Hufflepuffs Would Love. At the time, the list for Gryffindors was also up. I waited for the ones for Ravenclaws and Slytherins. 

I haven't actually played most of the games on the Gryffindor and Slytherin lists, though I have heard of some of them. Bluffing seems to be a common theme in the games mentioned for Slytherins.

If you had to choose one board game for each Hogwarts house, which one would you pick and why? 

It's okay if you don't have one for each house, you can post what you have and come back later!

I'll start with Slytherin!

The board game Evolution definitely utilizes the cunning and resourcefulness traits that are associated with Slytherins. Food is scarce and players must figure out how to adapt their species to the changing environment. Unique traits can be added to species and can even be replaced with more favorable ones. One of my favorite traits is Horns, which makes it less likely for a carnivore to eat the species. Self-preservation is key in this game. While there are several different strategies, the most ambitious carnivore tends to do well.

For Gryffindor, I'd say Clank! It's likely that only those "with brave deeds to their name" would dare risk sneaking (or clanking) into a dragon's lair to steal its loot in the first place. One also needs to have a certain amount of resolve to remain in the depths while the dragon continues to attack, dwindling one's health meter.

Alright, for Slytherin I would definitely say Monopoly because it deals with money and makes Slytherins very aggressive when playing to buy the most properties. For Gryffindor, I'd say Labyrinth because Gryffindor's will enjoy the adventure theme in it and trying to find new paths to get to their objects. For Ravenclaw, I would have to say Chess because it involves critical thinking which Ravenclaws are very good at. For Hufflepuff, I would have to say Candyland because every Hufflepuff enjoys the fact that it is a game based solely on luck and does not show that the loser is not as smart as the winner in any way and it is also a colorful and fun game to play.

For Gryffindor I guess Ludo, cause the only way to win is with strategy and luck, but it is also very competitive. For Ravenclaw cluedo, for obvious reasons. Hufflepuff ... Snakes and Ladders. Does not require much investment and is very casual and laid-back. For Slytherin I recently played King of Tokyo, which I consider to be a highly aggressive game.

The cooperative genre fits Hufflepuff because the games require good communication and patience. (But NOT a cooperative game that is as difficult to win as Pandemic.) Picking Hogwarts Battle is a little too obvious, so I'll go with The Big Book of Madness

The players in The Big Book of Madness are also students at a magic school. They must work together to defeat monsters that they have accidentally let loose. Each player has their own deck of elements, but can choose to share resources with everyone. Danger can escalate quickly, but it is possible to keep everything under control by working together.