The Slytherin Dungeons
Cody Lewis

2017-18 Slytherin Awards

It's time now to sing out
Though the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember a year
in the life of friends

2017-18 had its ups and downs, but now it's time to celebrate everything we accomplished this year. Once again, Slytherin placed 2nd in the race for the House Cup, while SQT took home their fifth consecutive Quidditch Cup. Way to go, everyone! Now let's wrap it up with the 2017-18 Slytherin Awards!

It is my extraordinary honor to present the Salazar and Basil Awards, awarded to Slytherins who have excelled academically this past year.

The Salazar Awards
Golden Salazar (3000+ points)
Arianna Stonewater
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Will Lestrange

Silver Salazar (2000-2999 points)
Anna Snape
Aurelia West

Bronze Salazar (1000-1999 points)
Bull J. Johnson
Draco Riddle
Ravenna Mills

Copper Salazar (300-999 points)
Bianca Delacroix
Breanna Slyearn
Emma Borg
Faye Roderick
Hope Stark
Julie Eccleston
Kestrel Stone
Magnus Ward
Mortiana Blaque
Prof. Amy Lupin
Prof. Cody Lewis
Prof. Saeir Darr

The Basil Awards
Brabas Award (The perfect 10 Quills!)
Arianna Stonewater
Anna Snape
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Will Lestrange

Golden Basil (8-9 Quills)
Mortiana Blaque

Silver Basil (6-7 Quills)
None

Bronze Basil (4-5 Quills)
Aurelia West
Ravenna Mills

Copper Basil (2-3 Quills)
Bianca Delacroix
Emma Borg
Faye Roderick
Hope Stark
Magnus Ward
Prof. Saeir Darr

Each month, we give out the Sagacious Slytherin of the Month Award to the Slytherin student who earns the most points. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to hoard all those points, so a huge congratulations to this year’s award winners:

September – Michael Snape – 222 points
October – Arianna Stonewater – 180 points
November – Will Lestrange – 400 points
December – Will Lestrange – 249 points
January – Arianna Stonewater – 1367 points
February – Will Lestrange – 250 points
March – Will Lestrange – 431 points
April – Draco Riddle – 392 points
May – Will Lestrange – 385 points
June – Arianna Stonewater – 1954 points

The Best Hatchling of the Year Award goes to the First Year who earned the most points for Slytherin. With a grand total of 2,230 points, this award goes to Ravenna Mills! Congratulations, Ravenna! Glad you have you in Slytherin!

Now it's time to tally up all those scales that you've been collecting all year!

First things first, here are the winners of the Spring Term Scales Race...

In 3rd place, with 970 scales... Arianna Stonewater!!

In 2nd place, with 1207 scales... Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis!!

And in 1st place, with 2147 scales... Will Lestrange!!

The Best Hatchling Award is given to the first year student who earns the most scales. This term, that honor goes to Draco Riddle!!

We had 22 non-Slytherins earn scales this year! Two of our visitors even managed to collect over 2000 scales over both terms. For Spring Term, the Dweller of the Dungeons are Prof. Tarma Amelia Black with 1377 scales and Shiloh Adlar with 1230 scales!

For all their hard work and contributions to Slytherin, the top ten Slytherin scale earners of the school year receive the Dedicated Snake award.

Congratulations to this year's Dedicated Snakes:

• Will Lestrange - 3312 scales
  • Arianna Stonewater - 2255 scales
  • Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis - 2098 scales
  • Aurelia West - 918 scales
  • Anna Snape - 613 scales
  • Emma Borg - 455 scales
  • Bull J. Johnson - 448 scales
  • Prof. Cody Lewis - 375 scales
  • Draco Riddle - 320 scales
  • Ravenna Mills - 320 scales 

The Scales Race was close after Autumn Term, but one team was extra determined to win this year. The winner of the Scales Race with a grand total of 8078 scales is...

THE SILVER TEAM!!

Well done, everyone!! Get some rest and be ready to improve upon those numbers next year!!

We would also like to take a moment to say thank you to those individuals who contributed to the House in some way this year.

Between Read-Along and helping run activities for both HOL and Slytherin, this snake has had her hands full. Everything she does, she does with infectious enthusiasm. This year’s Singular Slytherin Award goes to none other than Arianna Stonewater!

Our next award is given to someone who is very friendly and has a great sense of humour. Put your hands together for Anna Snape, recipient of the Smug Snake Award.

After a brief hiatus from HOL, this person has wasted no time in getting involved in the general goings on, from her diligence in classes, participating in Slytherin’s activities and even dusting off her old broomstick. Congratulations to Emma Borg for winning Salazar's Slytherin Spirit Award.

We always enjoy having people from other Houses visit the Dungeons and their contributions to the House are greatly appreciated. Gryffindor’s Sky Alton, Ravenclaw’s Shadow Gaunt, and Hufflepuff’s Katelin Ross are this year’s Lion, Eagle, and Badger in Snake’s Clothing!

Congratulations to everyone!

Thank you for the shiney.  :)  And thank you for having so many fun things to do!

Well done to all the persons named above. You have such a lovely and active House. ❤️

It's too bad about Silver ... enjoy that trophy while you have it! Except who knows what team I'll be on next time! :D

YAY SILVER!  We wrested the Scales Race back from Green this year - and it was awesome!

But looking at the names above, this does look like another successful year in the dungeons!  (Still can’t believe I essentially survived OWLS).  I look forward to seeing more great things ahead as I head into my final two student years!

Congratulations everyone on a year well done! I'm excited to see what next year brings!

Congratulations everyone!

I still can't believe that I had earned some awards this term.

But still, have a great holiday and see you next term!

Finally got a moment's peace to come thank you for my unexpected shiny. It's amazing to see Slytherin having such an amazing year - here's to another one. :D

Just realized I got some awards... NICE. It's been so long since my last award!! hahahaha.

Edited by Faye Roderick