The Slytherin Dungeons
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

Lithios Quest

As you parachute down to the surface of Lithios, you see the giant letters “FOR SALE” circling around the equator of the planet. One day, when you have enough credits to purchase your own world, what would you name it? 

Describe your future world in at least 100 words. Will you model the landscape after your favorite video game or book? Does your planet have any moons? Provide images of your dream world, if you wish.

Upload any images to an image-hosting site and post your world description below by 11:59 pm on 30 June for 15 XP.

After purchasing my dream world, I would simply name it "Planet W" -  naming it after my monogram.  I would make my dream world into a tropical paradise in which the entire planet consisted of perfectly swimmable beaches and waterfalls and other amazing features, complete with perfect weather.  It would have one moon, orbiting the planet even closer than Phobos orbits Mars, with a desert-like climate to allow people to dry off quickly from swimming in Planet W.  And while it won't be modeled after any video games, I'm sure that people who look closely will recognize parts of the planet that resemble stages from the game Toobin!

My world will be called Pointe and it is made up of pink and blue cotton candy colored clouds. It has flowers all over it such as in a meadow and fruit trees that are in constant bloom with fruit. The sky is the color of amethyst and when the stars come out, the color does not change but they cause it to twinkle like fairy lights in a distance. My world has seven moons that form a pointe shoe pattern in the sky which is how the world got its name. The grass is lush but not the green we know as grass. It is the shade of celeste blue with dark patches of shimmering sapphire. The weather is always a perfect temperature and the rain fall cascades gently over the land keeping the plants in pristine condition yet not flooding the fields. It is warm, never icy, and appears as diamonds falling from the sky. The sun is bright but never with an overpowering heat and mimics our own worlds day and night pattern.

I will name my world Mintonette. Due to a combination of weather patterns and the rings that encircle the planet, Mintonette will actually look like a volleyball when viewed from space. The predominant color on Mintonette will be blue. All sorts of blue plants are native to the planet. There will be gorgeous water elements throughout the world, ranging from a small, tranquil pond to soothing cascades to huge, booming waterfalls. Mintonette will feature all the ideal locations to play volleyball. This includes both indoor and outdoor facilities. The indoor flooring will give a little and be easy on the knees. Outdoor courts will have grass that is not too slippery. Sand courts are available in parks and by the beach. Mintonette provides areas for friendly competition as well as relaxation.

I will name my world ... I will ask her what her name is. But until she replies with something I can put into words, I'll name her 'Karres', after a world of a favorite book. Karres is a planet which is largely forested, with great bodies of water here and there on the surface. She is wild (undomesticated) and has a variety of surface coverings -- forest, desert, plateaus, mountains, rivers, oceans, ice caps -- much like planet Earth has but without the debris. All kinds of People live on the planet, and all are in harmony with, in balance with, each other. There are herbivores, carnivores ... basically, again, everything found here on Earth.

There are places which the planet decrees as the locations for the various People to live. In those locations will be found what is needed to very nicely sustain their population at a number which is good for the planet and all People of the planet.

My own particular place is a mountain cabin near the ocean; I can see the ocean from the front windows. The beach, about a 1/4 mile away,  is warm during the day during the summer and has times of being extremely stormy in the winter. (Think Northern California coastline!) Since the cabin is above sea level by a couple hundred feet (a lot of that 1/4 mile is hill) most of the damage of winter storms bypasses me but I can still watch it.

It's quite beautiful here.

Sign in to follow this