The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Amy Lupin

Gehenna Quest

As you touch down on Gehenna, you get a notification that a hackathon is about to begin. Inspired by arcade games from the 80s, a group of gunters have decided to get together and try their own hand at designing and developing a game.

Eager to be a part of this, you sign up. After mulling it over for a while, you get started, deciding to take a character-driven approach to the game.

Design what your character looks like, keeping in mind the 8-bit look from that period. Share any other details relating to the character.

Upload your design to an image-hosting site and post the character along with any other details below by 11:59 pm on 30 June for 5 XP.

OQqioEj.png

Penty the Pentomino grew up hearing of a game called "Tetris" where blocks like her were the stars.  But when she made it out to a Tetris board, the other blocks shooed her away because she had one too many blocks!  So she developed a skill of being able to temporarily retract one of her four outer blocks, which would make her look appropriate for Tetris.  In this game, her ability therefore has to be shape-shifting!

3241e15c2c.png

This is Morwynn. Her father is a magician and her mother is an elf. She is currently an apprentice of the powerful magician, Morlaust. Morwynn did inherit her mother's bow, but she isn't quite strong enough to use it yet. Instead, her weapon of choice is a sapphire sword that was forged by Morlaust.

Oasis_-_6.13.2018_-_Gehenna_Quest.png

This is SkyLord, the dog companion to StarLord. SkyLord is good for retrieving artifacts of magical nature which StarLord cannot pick up yet if he doesn't have enough score points. SkyLord can touch anything without being damaged, and retrieve any magical artifact, but cannot use the artifacts he can retrieve for StarLord. SkyLord can block other players; if another player tries to 'pet' (ie touch) SkyLord, depending on the level of skill of the other player, they either get a free pass, are peed on or are bitten.

8-bit Namnori! The game will follow Namnori as he maintains the OASIS -- hosting logic puzzle races, fixing broken passwords and the like.

XQnjMwS.jpg

8-bit dna

This is Ms DNA! She has a number of abilities, mainly as a defence against other characters. She can also hide in very small spaces; at 2m long, she can easily fit into a grain of sand. You use her to stealthily attack other Gunters and damage them (temporarily, usually...)

gehennaquest.jpg

This is the K8lin in 8-bit form. She is basically my in game go to person. She does everything I tell her to do (i.e., moving into and through worlds). She can do anything that I am able to do (that I have access to). She is very sneaky, as no one expects a typical 8-bit to have all the powers!