The Slytherin Dungeons

Artifacts are extremely rare, indestructible items in the OASIS. They give the owner a unique power up. An artifact can be any object, ranging from a sword to a pair of shoes. Art3mis wore a pair of Black Chuck Taylor All Stars on her feet that granted her speed and flight.

FPGQHAm.jpg

Draw or describe an artifact that you have your eye on. In at least 50 words, explain what you have to do to obtain the artifact (i.e. defeat a monster or complete a quest).

Upload any images to an image-hosting site and post below by 11:59 pm on 30 June for 5 XP.

The artifact I have my eyes on are these beautiful satin pink pointe shoes. Why there are pointe shoes in the game is beyond me, but it made me very happy to know that they exist. Now while these shoes don't grant speed or flight, they do grant the ability to destroy any minor monster with a swift spin and kick to the face. Bosses are excluded from this, but any other monster is made easy prey, given that you can kick them in the face. They are very light on the feet, so they can actually help you move faster and jump higher though those aren't their main gift.

To obtain this artifact, a secret room must be found that can only be accessed through an oversized jewelry box. In the box is a dancing ballerina. The ballerina must be defeated in order to claim the pointe shoes she wears, but she also has a tiara that shoots lasers and a leotard that is tough as steel. Her tutu also contains metal shavings to make her even more fearsome. But once she's defeated, the pointe shoes will be mine, and I will be very powerful! Against non-bosses anyway. Oh yeah, did I mention? In a PvP realm, they also work on other players, not just NPCs. Yay!

The artefact I can see is my new pair of sunglasses. Brown plastic rims, branding on the corner, and tinted lenses. But not just any old tinted lenses - these have night-vision properties as well as sun-protective and polarising abilities. They also act as binoculars in a pinch, which is particularly helpful for spotting threats from a distance, ranging from a rogue Gunter to a nasty monster. 

To obtain such a marvellously useful thing, one must rescue the elusive Mr Ray Ban from a nasty nest of broken glass. Said glass is extremely hot, molten in places, due to being on top of a slightly active volcano (why not?). You have to first find some fireproof gear (Mr Ban won't be impressed if his would-be rescuer goes up in smoke before actually rescuing him) and rig up some sort of system to keep both of you safely away from all the potentially painful elements around. I recommend chains, as ropes may burn or get cut on the glass. Once you rescue him, he makes you the glasses out of the bits of broken glass!

Unfortunately for him, as soon as you get the glasses, his character resets back into the glass nest and is locked away for you, so no collecting multiple glasses. 

The artifact I have my eye on is a small sword which has a remarkable resemblance to Sting -- the sword of Bilbo (and Frodo) in The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. It is both sword and scabbard and I just really like it! I don't know what powers it has but it's always nice to have a nice sharp dagger!

Oasis_-_Galodis_6.18.2018.png

However, the difficulty with obtaining this prize is that it appears that someone went gung-ho in recreating the damp cavern in which Bilbo and Gollum played their riddle game. Not only is it damp and dark and dank, there is a creature which looks suspiciously like Gollum just waiting to 'riddle me this'.  I feel a little boggled, because all that was for a Ring, like shouldn't this sword be earned by finding a Troll's Cave?  But, well, it is as it is and so I slink down into the cavern and prepare to match wits with someone who appears ready to (literally) eat me if I fail to remember the lines and riddles of the book!

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

It took nearly a month, but I finally did it! I heard about the Seven Wonders Quest through the gunter grapevine. It involves visiting all the sites of the seven wonders of the ancient world and completing a challenge at each. The order does not matter for completion's sake, but once you reach a wonder, you can't leave until you finish. However, the order of wonder visitation does affect which artifact you receive. Not surprisingly, there are at least seven artifacts available. There have been reports of gunters receiving a bow and arrow from the Temple of Artemis or powerful flowers from the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

I wasn't striving for any artifact in particular. I ended up getting a lantern with the light source of the Lighthouse of Alexandria. The light will always point out the safest route, though it may not be the quickest!

e756cb84b6.png