The Slytherin Dungeons

Try and think about something else for a while . . . think about what you’re going to buy with your winnings!

What would you do if you were one thousand Galleons richer?

10 scales if posted by Sunday 20th May, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Thursday 31st May, 23:59 HOL time.

1000 Galleons isn't that much money?  only about $7000?  I could pay off my credit card debt now...

Depends on the source of conversation how much 1,000 galleons is. There is the Gringotts Currency Converter and it says that 1000 Galleons 0 Sickles 0 Knuts = $4809.76

But another source says that one galleons = U.S. Dollar $6.64 which would put 1,000 galleons at $6,664 - which is closer to Will's  $7,000 estimate.

Another source says this of the currency:

If the price of the Prophet is in line with Muggle newspapers, that means that 1 Knut should be about US $0.20 to US$1.00 (the price of a newspaper being about US$1.00 in 1991). This makes a Sickle worth somewhere between $6.00 and $30.00, and gives a Galleon a value of between $100 (£50) and $500 (£200).  

So all of those amounts are vastly different!

Going  with $7,000 ..... I'd take a vacation! \o/    I would go to Hawaii and be with the unique beauty of that place, the plants and animals and  volcanoes, for a while.  Then, depending on if I had any $$ remaining, I'd go to Banff, in Alberta, Canada,. (Have wanted to go there ever since reading The Edge, by [censored by Basil] Francis.) I'm hoping, of course, that the higher conversion is what is in effect. :D

I'd definitely put some in savings, but with the rest I'd probably invest in a newer broom (my Cleansweep seven is getting old) and the Broommaking class I'm currently taking is much harder than I anticipated