The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

Flesh, Blood, and Bone - Task 2

What is another ingredient that might have been included in Lord Voldemort’s regeneration potion? What purpose does it serve in the potion? You may also choose to draw or find a picture of the potion ingredient (maximum size: 600x600 pixels).

10 scales if posted by Sunday 22nd April, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Monday 30th April, 23:59 HOL time.

Unicorn horn might have been included in Lord Voldemort's regeneration potion. Unicorn horn has purification properties and is used in the Antidote to Common Poisons. It's probably a good idea to add something that counteracts common poisons since the flesh, blood, and bone come from different sources. And Voldemort had absolutely no problem using sacred unicorn parts.

Something which Voldemort might have added, and really despised adding it, because it is Muggle, is aloe vera. Aloe vera has an extremely powerful healing ability, both internal and external, and it seems that, in order to make sure that this regenerated body is functioning properly, there would need to be some balance and healing going on while it is being made. 

The whole surface of the water was alight with sparks now. It might have been encrusted with diamonds.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were actual diamonds used in the potion. Rebuilding an adult body would require a lot of carbon and diamonds are pure carbon. The strong bonds in the diamonds could also provide a great energy source for the transformation.

626d1a3b30.png

I think salt was used in the potion. I don't have any particular reason except that the body needs sodium and that salt tends to be used on everything anyway. That's probably what caused the potion to bubble properly or something.