The Slytherin Dungeons

Why do you think Snape was carrying around a bottle of Veritaserum? If you had the opportunity to use Veritaserum, who would you want to use it on? What would you ask him or her? It can be a real person or a fictional character.

10 scales if posted by Sunday 18th March, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Saturday 31st March, 23:59 HOL time.

I think, especially after the previous break-ins, he would want to keep something as precious as Veritaserum with him rather than a place that can be broken into. Plus, you never know when you'd need it!

If I had answered this any other time, I'm not sure when I would use it. But today, I would definitely use it on my husband who swears he did not eat the entire last box of Thin Mints I KNOW I had saved in the freezer.

It never hurts to be prepared, and especially in times of war, you could never be safe. Veritaserum easily protects you from spies.

I would probably use Veritaserum on my siblings and learn about everything they stole from me (or learn that it wasn’t them).

I think that Snape was probably carrying it around in hopes to give some to Harry Potter so he could ask about some of the things which had gone missing, as well as ask him about some other things that Harry Potter had done over the past years he'd been at Hogwarts.

Me? I'd give it to a person who had told lies about other people, because the veritaserum goes past what they have made up, and/or talked themselves into believing, to what is actually true. And I'd have that person say the same things again (or try to) to the very people the lies had been told to, and what was actually true would come out.

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

If I had veritaserum I would use it on a certain person from my past to make them tell the truth about everything they did to me instead of hiding behind lies and getting less of a punishment for it than they should have. Other than that, I don't think I would have much use on veritaserum even though I would still want to give it to people to find out if they're really my friend or if they're pretending to be out of pity.