The Slytherin Dungeons

We're back for a new term! Hopefully, you haven't gotten too complacent during these past few weeks... Class sign-ups are now open!

Sadly, we lost a few prefects to RL this past term. Not to worry, the Green Team is in the capable hands of Arianna Stonewater and the Silver Team is led by Aurelia West and Will Lestrange. Remember to check the Green versus Silver forum for the Monthly Scales Challenge!

We're now more than halfway through Goblet of Fire Read-Along. It's never too late to participate in the daily trivia and weekly tasks!

The Slytherin Quidditch Team is undefeated thus far this season! SQT is hoping to add new members to its roster, so stop by #sqt, bot, and join the team!

The deadline for the next issue of SerpenTimes is March 15th. The theme is All About Me! Those interested in becoming an editor for SerpenTimes should check out this post.

After a successful first term, the Puzzle Exchange is still up and running for even more opportunities to earn scales. Keep your eye on the Slug Clubs, because there may be a new one added soon!

Keep those points coming, snakes! Let's finish out this school year strong!

Before we get too distracted by the shiny new class list, we have a few awards to hand out for Autumn Term.

Scales Race:
In 3rd place, with a total of 891 scales... Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis!

In 2nd place, with a total of 1,165 scales... Will Lestrange!

And in 1st place, with an incredible total of 1,285 scales... Arianna Stonewater!!!

Best Hatchling is awarded to the first year student with the most scales. This year, there were a few second- and third-time first years in the race, but we decided to award this one to a true hatchling. Congratulations to Ravenna Mills!

Dweller of the Dungeons is awarded to the top non-Slytherin scale earner. We had so many great visitors in the Dungeons this past term, but a couple stood out at the top of the scales list. Congratulations to Prof. Tarma Amelia Black of Hufflepuff and Shiloh Adlar of Ravenclaw, who earned 888 scales and 799 scales respectively!

Our final award is usually given out at the end of year awards, but one Slytherin student has gone above and beyond this past term, not just in the Dungeons, but throughout all of HOL. She posted trivia every day for Read-Along, interviewed fellow snakes for SerpenTimes, and single-handedly coordinated Silver Snake for Slythmas. All while representing our house as the Slytherin judge for Mx HOL and running her first HOL contest, Battleship! For everything she's done this term, we dedicate the Award for Special Services to Slytherin to Arianna Stonewater. Congratulations, Arianna!

Congrats to all the winners! 

I am so happy and proud to be a part of such an amazing house! You snakes are one of my favorite things that continually impresses and challenges me and you're definitely the reason I'm so active! #HissHiss

Congratulations to everyone receiving awards.  (That's a LOT of scales, Arianna! :o )

I love coming in here. It's so ... close to the ground. 

Thank you for the shiny! 

2.1.2018_tea_with_the_badger_and_snake_6

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
playing with picture ...

Many congratulations to all of the award winners! You all make it wonderful for me to visit the Dungeons :D

Here's to the new term! May we earn many points and win many games!

799... one short of a perfect 800. However, as I was telling Tarma, 799 is actually a good number. I'll take it! Congrats everyone! It's always fun here in the dungeons. XD