The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

The Weighing of the Wands - Task 1

Borrow Rita Skeeter’s Quick-Quotes Quill and conduct an interview with one of the other Triwizard champions. Share a snippet of the interview below!

10 scales if posted by Sunday 14th January, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Wednesday 31st January, 23:59 HOL time.

Since I don't know how to write Fleur's accent, I will write with no accent.

Interviewer: Hello, Ms. Delacour. How are you today?

Fleur: Hello. I am very well.

Interviewer: How are you feeling about the second task?

Fleur: I am feeling very ready. I have already cracked the egg mystery and I'm totally ready.

Interviewer: Interesting. What about the other champions, do you feel any competition from them?

Fleur: Oh, no. Potter, he's not even of age, Diggory isn't used to such conditions, he's to nice. Only Krum might give me competition, but even then, I can still easily beat him.

Interviewer: I see. What about the first task, you were in fourth place, correct?

Fleur: Only by one point. Yes, I was careless and only received 37 points, but I can easily make them up in the second task.

Interviewer: Well thank you Ms. Delacour, this was a nice chat.

Fleur: No problem. Gooodbye now!

This is not from me! This is from the Quick-Quotes Quill  .... obviously ...

Viktor Krum, looking much older than his stated 18 years, glared forbiddingly at this entrancing reporter, as she attempted to interview him. His extremely ugly hair-cut (where do they cut hair up there? a bone-sawyer still?) did nothing to enhance his formidable looks. Obviously this person would be too dull and stupid to last but more than 10 minutes into his first round, whatever it may be (unless it is something to do with carrying 200 pound weights from one end of an arena to another). His monosyllabic answers to questions posed to put him in the best possible light proved that all the lightbulbs had burned out.

Oh, well, on to the next interviewee ...

Fleur Delacour, the prettiest of the champions and solitary female walks with grace. Her smile is charming, and her beautiful hair distract from the slurring of her words. As the eloquently loquacious and handsome Rita Skeeter asks her questions, the French bombshell reminds one more of a French Bulldog. With every enunciation on the wrong syllable and dropped or exchanged letters, one wonders if she really was the best Beauxbatons had to offer.

An amazing event has happened at this years Triwizard Tournament where two champions were chosen from Hogwarts. I went to Cedric Diggory to get a personal interview of his feelings for Harry Potter being in competition with him. This is what he had to say.

"I don't know how Harry got his name in the goblet of fire. He is too young to be in this competition." Cedric's eyes began welling with tears thinking of the dangers young Potter may be facing in the tasks to come. "I only wish for him the best, and though I am stunned that he was also chosen, we must both represent Hogwarts to the best of our abilities." Mr. Diggory's eyes were firm when he said this, so it is hard to know if he truly is upset over Potter's entrance to the tournament or if he was being forthcoming about them both doing Hogwarts proud. Not long after this interview, I received notice of badges going around the school which stated "Potter Stinks! Support Cedric, the Real Hogwarts Champion". I must wonder if Mr. Diggory has any hand in this doing.

Until next time, I bid you adieu.