Welcome to the 2017 Slythmas Gift Exchange!

This year, we are going to do a Silver Snake Exchange (similar to the White Elephant exchanges). Below, you will see our tree, but it is sadly lacking presents. That's where you come in!

Snake_Tree.png

Sign up to participate by sending in your "gift" (a promise to make a new avatar/sig for someone, a puzzle, a new chocolate frog card for their profile, a joke, beans, enough beans for a new pet, a favor, etc) to me in a PM (subject Silver Snake) by Dec. 15.

I will then wrap your presents and put them under this tree. On Dec. 16 we will meet on IRC (time TBD, but before the Quidditch match) to pick presents! If you are unable to join us on IRC, fear not! The presents that are left will be available for you to pick from afterwards :)

Say 20 people sign up. I will put 20 packages under the tree.

On IRC, once everyone who is playing (NOTE: you can only play if you submitted a gift.) is ready, we'll assign an order for picking presents with a random generator.

Person 1 posts they want the green package with red bows, we say it's a sudoku puzzle.

Person 2 can steal their present or pick a new one. if they steal, person 1 picks a new present, and we say what that is. Then person 3 can steal one of those two or pick a new present. A present can only be stolen 3 times.

After the last person on IRC gets their present, I will edit the image so that the picked presents are crossed off. Then anyone who wasn't able to attend the IRC can pick from those until they're all gone!

For items like new avatars/siggys/favors, we will connect the person who picked that present with the person who gave it.

If you have any questions, please post below!