Prof. Amy Lupin

Task 2: Venue & Décor

We’ve managed to organise a venue for the Yule Ball, although we’ll need your help with readying it in time:

https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=22b80a85348d

As part of the preparations though, we also need to know what you have in mind for the décor so that we can get our orders in, keeping in mind the theme and colour scheme you previously decided on. Share your ideas in no fewer than 50 words.

Post your solution to the jigsaw and your décor ideas in this thread by no later than 31 December to earn 20 scales. Please use one post for both.

jbTgALA.png

For the decor I'd suggest Time Turners all around the wall to match with the theme, in all different colors (positioned appropriately for a rainbow color scheme).  I would also have some phoenixes around in the 'red' sections to reflect a mix of change and tradition:  after all, phoenixes maintain their identity through rebirth!

aWpdc1I.jpg

As per my suggestion of an Astronomy theme for the Yule Ball, I think the overall setting should look like a party in the night sky. Hence the walls should be painted deep and dark shades of blue and black that make it look like the midnight sky. The ground could be transformed into a glitter black flooring for people to dance on. The ceiling should be charmed to look like a sky full of stars that people can gaze up and find their horoscope constellations for fun. Since it's a Yule Ball there will definitely be a Christmas tree, which I propose to be white in colour, decorated with gold and silver ornaments, and a bright star on the top.

Edited by Amanda P. X. Sim

2017_Slythmas2_Jigsaw.png

For my Dark Glitterati theme, we should definitely have dark, sparkly decorations everywhere! Of course the floating candles should be there, but the flames should be enchanted to be more like Sparklers (like on the 4th of July/New Years Eve). Glittering dark silver icicles with metallic crimson, forest green, midnight blue, royal purple and burnt orange baubles sporadically spaced in between hanging on the walls. The tables can be covered in black table clothes with silver and gold shiny speckles!

Yule_Ball_-_December_2017_-_task_2_jigsa

I would like to have dark green live trees (their roots in balls) in the hall with lots of silvery-white snow on the boughs.  The snow would have to be charmed not to melt, and the trees protected from harm, because there would be smaller fireplaces along the walls so folks can gather in front of them and warm up their hands.  The ceiling would be like it was when Harry Potter first came into the Great Hall, velvety black (but I would want it midnight blue instead) dotted with stars. A sky that opens to the heavens. 

The carpet runners on the stone floor would be a dark red with gold accents, which are reflected in the table clothes (when the tables are set up) and the dishes. There wouldn't really be a need to have much of the way of 'black' colourings but what little there is needs to evoke an alive 'darkness', like more light could come from it at any time.

56c5f221a3.png

With everyone's help, it shouldn't take more than a few hours to transform the Dungeons into gingerbread land. Those who are skilled in Transfiguration can help change the walls and floor into gingerbread. The decorative people can work on piping the white icing, giving the Yule Ball an overall wintry look. Further decoration with engorgement charms on candy (gumdrops, peppermints, candy canes) will really give the Dungeons a festive feel and ready for all the guests.