Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes - Task 1

Charlie was built like the twins, shorter and stockier than Percy and Ron, who were both long and lanky.

Those of us who grew up with siblings are used to hearing these type of comparisons. Who were you compared to the most? If you don’t have any siblings, were you compared to your parents? Or perhaps you share an uncanny resemblance to a distant cousin?

10 scales if posted by Sunday 15th October, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Tuesday 31st October, 23:59 HOL time.

I am an only child so I don't know the joys of being compared to a sibling but I am the spitting image of my mother except for my eyes and hair. 

It was funny.  I was the one always comparing myself to my mother trying to be as good as she was though she never put any pressure on me to do so.  I drove her crazy because I would stress over assignments and tests so much even though I knew the answers were correct because I didn't want to fail or let her down.  Though I will never surpass my mother though she would tell everyone that one day I would, I am happy to be as good as her and to know that I never let her down. 

Edited by Vanessa Tilley

(OUT OF CHARACTER)

Those who know both of us now may find it hard to believe, but for my first 10-13 years of my life or so, my younger brother was considered the more conventional person in terms of taste/behavior/attitude and I was the brilliant but eccentric troublemaker!

I actually got kicked out of two different schools before entering first grade due to behavior problems (while the second school actually skipped my brother ahead a year because he was able to sit still and listen to a story without falling asleep).  Going to elementary school was a HUGE plus because authority figures now rated me primarily on skills I was good at (such as math, reading, and ability to learn) as opposed to skills that I was not that good at (such as manual dexterity - think "cut and paste" or similar things).

Even so, in those days my brother was more popular largely because he was more athletic - and I wished I had the hand/eye coordination to do sports (or was even able to pick up a single conversation from a crowded room; a skill that eludes me to this day!)

Its interesting; i have a twin but we look nothing alike. She, like the rest of my family, is tall, heavyset, and has dark brown curly hair and green eyes. I'm short, thinner, and have straight blonde hair and blue eyes. My stepmom's daughter looks more like my twin and family. My stepdad's daughters all have blonde hair, but they're also more heavyset. My grandma says when he was little my dad's hair was lighter, but no one knows where the blonde hair came from.

My sister and I usually get the "I had no idea you two were sisters!" comment. We're not completely opposite, but we like different things. For example, if we ever had those ice cream cups with chocolate and vanilla, she'd eat the vanilla and I'd eat the chocolate and then we'd swap. She actually jokingly calls my youngest brother her twin. They do have similar temperaments and both have computer science degrees. I get a lot of "You look so much like your mom when she was younger," but in Chinese especially during trips to Taiwan.

I looked through some old photographs and here's what I found:

• I had taken of a series of "rapid fire" photographs of my nephew as a toddler . I found one where he looked exactly like my brother. But there was one I took a few seconds later and he looked exactly like my sister-in-law! 
  • My father and my mother's brother looked nothing alike as adults. However there are some pictures of my brother as a child that look like one or the other of them as children!
  • My mother and I look nothing alike except I have her eyes - the exact shape and color. But her eyes are mischievous where mine are not and no one ever sees the resemblance! 

When it comes to resemblance, expression my be more powerful than physical features!

Edited by Polaris Black

Sign in to follow this