Harry doubts that Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions will contain any information about cursed scars, but what helpful information would you be able to find in the book? Write a short snippet of a chapter that you expect to find in Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions.

10 scales if posted by Sunday 24th September, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Saturday 30th September, 23:59 HOL time.

The Cure (or the Reduction) of Levitation in the Case of Billywig Stings

While it is important to remember that, in virtually all cases, Billywig stings are non-lethal, we have found that the severe allergic reaction of permanent floating can be alleviated or even undone by using an ingredient which produces an immediate reaction in the form affected of 'weight'.  **  Unfortunately, this ingredient, dried salamander saliva, is very difficult to obtain since the internal heat of the salamander usually causes the saliva to evaporate immediately. To get the saliva, catch the salamander and put it on ice. That lowers the body temperature sufficiently that when it drools, you may catch the saliva. Be sure to use a metal container to catch the saliva as it has a tendency to disintegrate glass and human flesh. 

** Note - in this, the later edition, we have discovered that this ingredient is found in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes 'candy' called ton-tongue toffee -- except they found a way around the difficulty of catching salamanders and using their saliva, and refuse to tell us what they did.

One thing that I might see in Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions is a cure for depression. After all everyone can get depressed. I know for me it is very easy to get depressed. In fact, I am having depression right now because my dream job has once again been taken from under me. I feel like I can't ever get a break. Why do bad things always happen to me. I'm a good person. Aren't I? At least I know one thing and that is how not to give up no matter what life throws at me. So, that is exactly what I am going to do.

In an updated version, that is, post Harry's years, they have included a new chapter written by one of Harry's own classmates!

So, you've done it again. Another spell, charm, or potion gone wrong. Now you're wondering- "how do I replace my eyebrows??" There are multiple solutions to eyebrows that have been magically removed, so keep reading! The first, most-obvious, and easiest solution is of course to go out and buy a hair-growth potion. Cheap and effective, you'll have your eyebrows back in no-time! A word of caution, some potions, especially those that are ingested, will make ALL of your hair grow!