Two hundred miles away, the boy called Harry Potter woke with a start.

Research a town that is 200 miles away from you and share a few facts about it. Does it seem like a place you would want to visit?
(Per HOL rules, please do NOT share the city you are currently in.)

10 scales if posted by Sunday 17th September, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Saturday 30th September, 23:59 HOL time.

I just was doing some map research, and, depending on the route, 200+/-  miles away from where I live is Forks, Washington.

Forks Washington is close to an Indian Reservation (The Quileute) and also is relatively close to the ocean (La Push) with some interesting tide pools.  It is known for the amount of days where the sun doesn't shine ... because the cloud cover there is pretty consistent. 

It's very pretty with lots of green plants of all kinds and species. There are lots of places to go and people to see ... a few hundred miles away in Seattle, Washington or in Portland, Oregon. Forks does not have a Barnes and Noble or a Starbucks.  There are, however, some restaurants in and around the town which serve pretty good food and they have a nice library.

EDIT

because of ... 372f1a996a994cb0ac898f7edfc6a3e8--hot-va

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
because of ...

It turns out this summer I was 200 miles away from where I am now!  So I'll talk about that:  200 miles away from me is a university called Princeton and a town of the same name (which, to be honest, will always sound to me like a really fancy way of saying "prison").  Princeton is the epitome of an old-school college town, centered around a prestigious university with a predominantly upper-class, undergraduate population, and the type of businesses that cater to that crowd.  Just across the canal is a series of strip malls, though at least housing and such are a bit cheaper there.

If I absolutely had to, I would visit that place again, but I can't imagine a universe in which I ever wanted to live there!

The seaside city of Newport is approximately 200 miles away from me. It is located on Aquidneck Island in Rhode Island, 74 miles south of Boston. Since it is by the ocean, Newport is a popular summer destination. It is also an important training location for the United States Navy. 

Newport is full of history. Several buildings from colonial times are still standing. Mansions built during the Gilded Age are available for tours. Fort Adams dates back to the War of 1812, though it is currently used for annual music festivals in Newport.

The 3.5 mile Cliff Walk along the shoreline is one of the most famous attractions in Newport. Several beaches are accessible and sailing is a common activity. Even off season, Newport is the home of many great restaurants and unique shops. It certainly sounds like a great place to vacation some day!

~200 miles west from me in Ohio is a city called Cuyahoga Falls. Originally named Manchester, the city was renamed after the river which flows into Lake Erie and the series of waterfalls along the southern boundary of the city. To the north there is a National Park! They have a lot of cool little trails and river front activities. Bob Lewis, the founder of Devo is from there, as is Mark Foster of Foster the People!

The city had one professional sports team (in the International Basketball League) but they moved in 2006 and became the Akron Cougars instead.

It's actually the second largest city in Akron County, so that's pretty cool!

200 miles away from me is Fayetteville, Arkansas which is the third largest city in Arkansas. It is home to the University of Arkansas, the state's largest university, and is at 1,400 feet of elevation making it one of the highest major US cities in the midwest. 

It has gained the nickname "Track Capital of the World" since the University of Arkansas's men's track and field team has won 41 national championships to date. It has a pretty good emphasis on the arts and music scene and has a strong BBQ tradition, so I don't think I'd mind visiting if the opportunity arose.

Mary Kate Wiles, an actress known for her work on various web series such as The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and Squaresville, was born there, which I hadn't known before and that kind of makes me want to visit more.

200 miles from me is Carthage, Texas. The name itself kind of scares me off from that place. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, look up the Battle of Carthage which took place during, I believe, the Third Punic War. On the other hand, something that is interesting about this small town of 6779 people, is that it is the home to the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame. This museum also leads to the Tex Ritter museum, a singer and actor from Carthage. He acted mostly in B-Westerns, but he was most well known for being one of the first artists to sign with Capitol Records. Carthage is also the setting of the film Bernie which starred Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, and Matthew McConaughey.