Aurelia West

True For Me, True For You? (Off to School)

I've had my list prepared for some time now, so when sign ups finally opened of course I signed up right away!

I drink more water during the school year than I manage to during the summer.
(I should really work on that;  it's useful having a water bottle with me at all times.)

I have Slytherin pride shirts, but none with "Scarhead"'s face on it ;)

I plan on moving within the next 12 months.

Response:

• In real life, I don't own any wands. In fact, I don't believe I own any Harry Potter merchandise at all, except for a Slytherin knitted hat (see picture below!).

Hey, don't look at me like that! They were fresh out of Ravenclaw hats! Besides, I'm a bit of a Slytherclaw anyway! -_-

.... I guess it's time to go shopping, eh? :lol:

slytherin-knitted-hat.jpg

Personal Fact:

• I really like photography, but I am actually very camera-shy. I much prefer to stay behind the lens!

Edited by Sachiko Murata

Photography is fun! I won the Judge's Choice with a photo I entered at my local library a few years ago. I do prefer to be behind the lens as well.

I'm not aggressive or tall enough to play basketball, but I have a pretty good jump shot. (Won a game of S-N-A-K-E recently!) 

How cool! I've never entered a photography contest before, I am a bit too shy for that. However, I will be submitting some of my pictures to the next issue of  Alte, the Ravenclaw Newspaper.

• Response: Even though I am tall enough to play basketball, I am not very good at it. I think that, in general, Japanese people are not very good at it. Our basketball team hasn't made it to the Olympics since before I was born! :lol:
  • Related Fun Fact: I'm 5'8, which I'm pretty sure is enough to play for the Japan Basketball Association.

• Personal Fact: I am a self-proclaimed book-worm, even though I am quite a slow reader. I try to read a book every week, even though I don't always manage.

I devour books! It doesn't really matter which kind, though I'm not a fan of romance novels. I tend to read larger books so I don't get through a book a week, but I do try to read as many as possible!

I love to color.

It's very nice to meet another book lover! ^-^ We should exchange book recommendations sometimes!

Response:

•  I enjoy coloring and own a few coloring books by Johanna Basford, namely The Enchanted Forest and Magical Jungle.That being said, I find painting to be an even more satisfying creative outlet:)

Personal Fact:

• I move a lot, having lived in well over 10 houses spread across 4 different continents

I would LOVE to exchange recommendations! I'm always looking for a new and interesting book to read!

I've also moved quite a few times in my life. Not as much as you, however.

The only plants I can keep alive are succulents and perennials.

Siobhan, you can always PM me for book related things! I am also fairly active in HOL's IRC channel, and constantly keep my eye open for new posts in the Book Club!

Response:

• I prefer baths to showers. Bathing is actually a crucial part of my daily routine, serving not only to clean my body but also to help me relax after a long day. I follow a very well established routine as well, though. Before getting in, I rinse myself thoroughly. Then, I soak for a while in the bathtub. Afterwards, I get out and wash myself with a washcloth, rinsing thoroughly once again to avoid getting soap suds in the bath. Finally, I soak some more! As you can imagine, all this takes me pretty long (sometimes over 1 hour!).

Personal Fact:

• I love baking and making deserts, even though I don't have much of a sweet tooth myself!