Prof. Cody Lewis

2016-17 Slytherin Awards

12 posts in this topic

And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever

It’s the end of another year and another excruciatingly close battle for the House Cup. 2016-17 was a blast, but even the best of things must come to an end. Silver Lining #1: That means it’s time for the Slytherin Awards! Let's get straight into it.

It is my extraordinary honor to present the Salazar and Basil Awards, awarded to Slytherin students who have excelled academically this past year.

The Salazar Awards

Golden Salazar (3000+ points)
Arianna Stonewater
Aurelia West
Maxwell Shadow
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Will Lestrange

Silver Salazar (2000-2999 points)
Anna Snape
Bull J. Johnson

Bronze Salazar (1000-1999 points)
Bianca Delacroix
Rosemarie Halliwell

Copper Salazar (300-999 points)
Adam Nightmoon
Daniella Barit
Darcey Goode
Demi Vogel
February Fortescue
Kia Brushman
Liona Cho
Lisa Hurdegart Malfoy
Magnus Ward
Megan Arstell
Mortiana Blaque
Prof. Amy Lupin
Rory Devaney
Saeir Darr
Teagan Falak

The Basil Awards

Brabas Award (The perfect 10 Quills!)
Arianna Stonewater
Aurelia West
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Will Lestrange

Golden Basil (8-9 Quills)
Anna Snape
Bull J. Johnson
Maxwell Shadow

Silver Basil (6-7 Quills)
Bianca Delacroix
Rosemarie Halliwell

Bronze Basil (4-5 Quills)
None

Copper Basil (2-3 Quills)
Adam Nightmoon
Darcey Goode
Demi Vogel
Magnus Ward
Megan Arstell
Mortiana Blaque
Rory Devaney
Saeir Darr
Teagan Falak

Each month, we give out the Sagacious Slytherin of the Month Award to the Slytherin student who earns the most points. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to hoard all those points, so a huge congratulations to this year’s award winners:

September – Maxwell Shadow – 286 points
October – Arianna Stonewater – 360 points
November – Will Lestrange – 180 points
December – Rory Devaney – 288 points
January – Maxwell Shadow – 1169 points
February – Anna Snape – 600 points
March – Maxwell Shadow – 285 points
April – Bull J. Johnson – 421 points
May – Will Lestrange – 405 points
June – Arianna Stonewater – 1451 points

The Best Hatchling of the Year Award goes to the First Year who earned the most points for Slytherin. With a grand total of 2,230 points, this award goes to Anna Snape! Congratulations to Anna for an incredible first year!

The scales race has been another close one this term and it was great to see so many members getting involved. The Spring Term Scales Race Awards go to...

3rd Place - Arianna Stonewater - 1088 scales
2nd Place - Will Lestrange - 1105 scales
1st Place - Aurelia West - 1185 scales

The Best Hatchling Award is given to the first year who earns the most scales and this term it was Anna Snape with 290 scales.

We also like to celebrate members from other houses who take the time to join in with our activities. The Dweller of the Dungeons award this term goes to Prof. Tarma Amelia Black with 485 scales.

As well as the term award I also have the pleasure of awarding the end of year Dedicated Snake awards, which go to the top ten scales earners over the whole year. Congratulations to...

10. February Fortescue - 304 scales
9. Anna Snape - 368 scales
8. Prof. Cody Lewis - 387 scales
7. Prof. Amy Lupin - 628 scales
6. Bull J. Johnson - 869 scales
5. Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis - 1585 scales
4. Will Lestrange - 2104 scales
3. Aurelia West - 2361 scales
2. Max Shadow - 2430 scales
1. Arianna Stonewater - 3024 scales

Last, but certainly not least, the Scales Race Winner Award goes to......

THE GREEN TEAM!!!

The final totals were

• Green Team - 8289 scales
  • Silver Team - 7639 scales

There’s more to being a snake than earning points and hoarding scales. Here in the Dungeons, we like to celebrate those who go above and beyond to make Slytherin the best house it can be. Some of these Spirit Awards were decided through votes, while others were decided by the Heads of House. This is just our way of saying we appreciate what you do here in the Dungeons!

In addition to her usual task of keeping track of scales in the most colorful fashion, this snake took the lead on Slythmas and Read-Along this school year. She’s constantly reminding her housemates to stay on top of their class work as well. Slytherin simply wouldn’t be the same without her commitment, so the Singular Slytherin Award goes to Maxwell Shadow! Thanks for all your hard work, Max!

After a brief hiatus from HOL, this snake returned to the Dungeons, bringing us a jolt of energy. She’s competitive, but always conducts herself in a friendly manner. This year’s Smug Snake Award goes to Aurelia West!

We weren’t sure how to settle ties, so we decided to give the Salazar’s Slytherin Spirit Award to two very deserving people. No one is more proud to be a Slytherin than these guys, and we’re just as proud to have them in our house. Congratulations to Bull J. Johnson and Will Lestrange!

Guests are always welcome down here in the Dungeons! We appreciate everyone who visits our common room, participates in our activities, and submits to the SerpenTimes, but only a lucky few have the honor of receiving a Slytherin award. Gryffindor’s Kim Alting, Ravenclaw’s Polaris Black, and Hufflepuff’s Sirius Fudge are this year’s Lion, Eagle, and Badger in Snake’s Clothing!

Last year, we brought back the Serpentine Professor Award, given to Slytherin’s most outstanding professor. As much as I would love to take this one for myself, I am just as happy to present the award to my better half! Thank you, Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis, for being such a wonderful co-Head of House.

Hard to believe, but neither Slytherin Head of House was ever a Prefect. We were extremely fortunate to have a former Head Girl join our staff and very willingly conduct Promising Student training. She also introduced fun activities to the Dungeons as anyone who played Revelio and Codenames can attest. For everything she’s done for our house, we dedicate this year’s Award for Special Services to Slytherin to Prof. Amy Lupin.

Congratulations, everyone! This year was incredible, but Silver Lining #2: 2017-18 is right around the corner! See you then!

Congratulations to everyone! 

Thank you to each and every one of you for helping make this past year an awesome one!

Congratulations to all the persons receiving an Award.  This is a lovely House and all you snakes are quite ... slithery. 

Thank you for the lovely award. Not only do I get to come play in the dungeons, I received an award for doing so!

tumblr_inline_ortzlp1sgK1ti6p24_540.gif

I was surprised and touched when I saw a shining award in my HOL profile. This is my first non-badger house award. Thank you, Snakes! You guys are slippery awesome. *nods*

*inserts Tarma's image above*

Thank you snakes and friends for making this past year spectacular!

Excellent job collecting scales, Green Team! Silver Lining #3: Silver Team will try harder next year ^_^

Congratulations to everyone else who won an award this year!  Still can't believe we got half of the top 10 points earners this year (this was an unusually hard year to get a lot of points, and we still got 5 at 3000+.)

Congratulations everyone on another awesome year! This year was full of so many fun activities and I've managed to get so much more involved in everything than I did my first slither-around. The future is bright and I'm super stoked we came so close to nabbing the House Cup and fully intend to try my hardest in the upcoming year.

Also an immense congratulations to all of our award winners! You all make the Dungeons a fabulous place to visit and are hugely appreciated.

Congrats to all the award winners!  Can't believe that's another year over (and for me, my Seventh - fortunately I did manage to pass my NEWTs).

And WOOOOOO for green team.  You gave us a good run though, silvers.

I'm away at the moment with very dodgy Internet so have only just seen the Slytherin award winners. I'm so touched to get one, thanks so much, and am pleased to be amongst such deserving company. Well done to everyone but especially to the mighty green team who finally managed to win the scales race. Proud of you all!

See you next term for another great year (be prepared for more nagging from me about doing your homework!)

:slytherin:

I always feel welcome here and love my new shiny - thank you so much! And congratulations to all the award winners; that's quite an impressive list! 

See you next year!