The Slytherin Dungeons

What's Your Tendency?

For this month's issue of SerpenTimes, I wrote about The Four Tendencies (Upholder, Questioner, Obliger, Rebel). Which one are you? 

I'll admit that I have taken the quiz multiple times. I've gotten everything except Obliger, but my main Tendency is definitely Questioner. Obviously logic is important to me and I like it when things make sense to me.

I really enjoyed your article, so I took the quiz almost immediately after I finished it. I was thinking I'd probably get Questioner, but I actually got Obliger which I thought was interesting, and of course later decided did make sense.

I got Questioner the first time,which surprised me but then, after a moment, I wasn't all that surprised. It works for me.  I've been called a curious Mongoose before ...

EDIT: Well, I played it again to see if I got Questioner and didn't. Odly, got Rebel. So I tried again .. and got Rebel.  Again ... Rebel.    Fred and George forever! \o/

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
played it again ... a few times ... *questioning* it? :D

To the surprise of no one, I am a Rebel.

While doing research for her article, Scarlet read some excerpts about Rebels from Better Than Before. Just having that part of me understood, after being called "lazy," "apathetic," "troublemaker," my entire life by people who didn't know how to motivate me, brought me to tears.

EDIT: Every so often, when Scarlet tells me to do something I don't want to do, I get to play the Rebel card. So I got that going for me, which is nice. :lol:

This was very interesting. I took the quiz and got obliger, and I think this is very accurate for me. I've always been fine when it comes to doing things for other people, but it's hard for me to ever do anything for myself. I think a lot of that has to do with thinking that I myself am not worthy of doing anything for, but I want the world to be happy, so I'll do whatever I can for everyone else. My experiences that I've gone through the past 2-3 years are a perfect example of this as this time was a time that I was forced to do something for myself. It took so long because it was for myself, and I couldn't keep to it. However, I noticed when I did have that external accountability, things were much easier because I didn't want to let that person down by screwing up.

Thank you for writing about this! This is something I can definitely take with me for further discussion.

• 3 months later...

So I just took the quiz and I got obliger.  I am not really surprised by the results because my mother always put everyone else and their needs above her own.  Having lived my whole life learning and following in her footsteps, I am happy to say that is one of the things that I am proud of.  I love being able to help others because it makes me happy. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the interesting article; really informative and a most enjoyable read.  I got questioner, which was a little  bit surprising for me (honestly I was expecting rebel). But after reading more about the questioner, it made more sense.  So I guess that makes me a rebel who questions everything?! 

• 1 month later...

I love personality quizzes!

I got questioner, which fits me really well. I love to analyze everything. I try to make decisions based on my own internal guide, and not so much my expectations or that of others.  I'm fine following leaders, and setting goals for myself, but I will walk away if my internal values are violated (after I've asked questions and made my concerns clear, and listened to the responses.) 

• 1 month later...

I got Questioner, which I think makes a lot of sense. I honestly can't relate to people who say that they need to work on not being a people pleaser. I have to actively work on being generous to others, especially when it goes against something I normally do. I remember my mom was able to circumvent a ton of arguments by just explaining why I had to do something.

• 11 months later...

I actually got the rebel tendency. Which makes a lot of sense to me because I am pretty rebellious. I do what I know I need to do when I need to do it, but I have always had my own personality. I don't like people telling me what I should be, how I should act, or anything like that. I have always been very independent and constantly challenging the opinions people place on my life and it's direction. 

• 2 weeks later...

I took the quiz and got Obliger. I'm actually pretty surprised at myself for how I answered these questions. Looking back on them I can see why those choices made me an Obliger, but I was honestly expecting to get Rebel since I hate people telling me what to do and how to act. 

Edited by Kora Grimm

• 3 weeks later...

I guessed obliger, and I was right.

While I do mostly only meet outer expectations and often can be viewed as a people pleaser, I understand and know that I do these things. Often, it's easier for us Obligers to be a Questioner in our heads, waiting for the moment when we feel safe enough break away from our people pleasing habits and peacefully live the way we want. A lot of times, it comes down to the fear of judgement or the fear of someone recognizing that you aren't perfect, seeing who you really are.

But who knows? Maybe someday I'll rebel.

-L

swan.jpg

Edited by Lulu Valdure

For some reason when I read the article then did the quiz, the entire time i was doing it I thought to myself, I am going to get rebel, I hate the rules and being tied down, so when I got rebel, I have no idea why I was so shocked.

Fantastic article! I thought when I read over it I may be somewhere between Questioner and Rebel and I took the test and low and behold...Rebel is what I got! Very interesting, I have never heard of the Four Tendencies before they're fascinating.

• 4 weeks later...

I keep getting Obliger, but I feel like I'm a mix of that and questioner. I think externally I tend to be Obliger, since I am a people pleaser, but my whole internal dialogue is questioning it to smitherins.

Semi case in point. I was told by a district lead that I wasn't doing something right. Even though I managed a yes sir and tried to course correct, I couldn't actually accept what he was saying until I had worked it all the way through in my head. So I think much of the time I'll oblige only to give myself time to think.

Then again, I feel like I have a little aspect of each one in my personality lol