In this chapter Percy Weasley says: “If I manage to get into the Ministry, I’ll have a lot of proposals to make about Magical Law Enforcement!”

What suggestion(s) do you have for a ministry department? Would you create new laws or repeal old ones? Share your thoughts with us in this thread to earn your scales. No idea too small (or silly!)

10 scales if posted before Sunday 29th January, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Tuesday 31st January, 23:59 HOL time.

What suggestion(s) do you have for a ministry department? Would you create new laws or repeal old ones? Share your thoughts with us in this thread to earn your scales. No idea too small (or silly!)

I think at the moment the departments are good, but I would definitely start with repealing or amending many of the existing laws, particularly the ones dealing with non-humans (like werewolves/houselves/etc).

I agree with Arianna. And to show good faith, I would commission new statuary to replace the fountain in the lobby. I would also create new laws of checks and balances so a paranoid minister like Fudge could not get away with awarding himself merit badges and furnishing alternate facts.

I'd get rid of The Trace.

I don't think it really does all that much good, and they can't even tell if the underaged person was the one to use it or if it was someone else close by.

I always forget about how ridiculous that is! Yes, let's also get rid of the Trace.

I also agree with what Arianna said, and would like to also suggest doing away with the Werewolf Registry. It's noted that there aren't many who really want to show themselves a werewolf considering the immense stigma towards werewolves in the wizarding community, and the department is so poorly-maintained that Fenrir Greyback was able to hide his status anyway by pretending to be a Muggle tramp.

Yes to all of these. I'd definitely get rid of the trace and werewolf registry and at the same time look seriously into the treatment of other beasts and beings due to their classifications. In particular house elves (I'm such a Hermione), goblins and centaurs.