The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

The Servant of Lord Voldemort - Task 2

I really liked when Snape said "They'll be very pleased to see you, Black...pleased enough to give you a little kiss, I daresay...." In that moment I could feel for Snape. I felt the triumph in his voice, the glee, the years-long thirst for revenge coming to fruition. Even though I wasn't on Snape's side, I felt a little happy for him.

I always really liked the way Lupin spoke to Pettigrew after he'd been de-ratted:

“We’ve been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed —”

And then, a little later on:

“I must admit, Peter, I have difficulty in understanding why an innocent man would want to spend twelve years as a rat,” said Lupin evenly.

Basically, Lupin is awesome!

Let's go with a few Sirius Black quotes!

"There's enough filth on my robes without you touching them"

"THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED! DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS, AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!"

This one is really important to me:

"I think the only reason I never lost my mind is that I knew I was innocent. That wasn't a happy thought, so the dementors couldn't suck it out of me . . . but it kept me sane and knowing who I am . . ."

When I did feel like I was going crazy last year, I asked Cody to remind me who I was. I have those messages saved in case I ever need them again.

I really liked how Lupin and Snape interacted with each other when the latter arrived. Lupin addressed Snape with his first name, while Snape kept up with his grudge against the two and addressed Lupin by last name.

"Severus, you're making a mistake," said Lupin urgently. "You haven't heard everything – I can explain – Sirius is not here to kill Harry – "

"Two more for Azkaban tonight," said Snape, his eyes now gleaming fanatically. "I shall be interested to see how Dumbledore takes this.... He was quite convinced you were harmless, you know, Lupin.... a tame werewolf – "