The Slytherin Dungeons
Maxwell Shadow

Cat, Rat and Dog - Task 1

I can't believe we haven't already asked this question but trawling through the archives I can't find it so here goes:

It revealed in this chapter that Sirius Black is an unregistered Animagus. If you could master the skill and become an animagus, which animal would you transform into and why? How do you think this animal in particular matches your personality? Post your answer in this thread to earn your scales.

10 scales if posted before Sunday 25th December, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Saturday 31st December, 23:59 HOL time.

well, as the Thestral is my patronus, I would love to be a thestral! Dark, mysterious, seen by only some people....I think that would be awesome! I would like to think that I would bring comfort to those who can see me. If everyone could see me as I was not a real thestral, that would also be cool because then I could show people what they look like and that would help with studying them I think.

There isn't a lot of research into the personalities of thestrals, but I like to imagine they are herd animals, rather than solitary creatures, which matches me perfectly!

I took a quiz to determine my Patronus, which is most likely my alternate Animagus form: a Bat. The ones that know me best agree. The following is part quote, part paraphrase:

The Bat is a decidedly nonconformist creature, which comes alive at night and prefers the sanctuary of dark clothing and dark corners. These are intelligent, spiritual, creative individuals who understand others better than they understand themselves. They have poor eyesight but many bat personalities sport built-in radar, which enables them to intuitively read the motivations of others. Bats have a habit of flitting in and out of social situations, swooping down to interact briefly with others before quickly flying off to resume their bat lives. Unassertive and aloof, they'll take flight at the first hint of a confrontation to seek comfort in their personal spaces that are decorated in unusual but expressive ways. Bat personalities have an enormous sense of loyalty and if you ever do a favor for a bat, it will never relax until it has paid you back.

If you could master the skill and become an animagus, which animal would you transform into and why? How do you think this animal in particular matches your personality?

... I've no idea what my animagus form would be. My Patronus, per Pottermore, is a small owl. That could be cool. Owls are cool. But ...

I'm thinking that a person doesn't have much of a choice as to what they turn into -- or rather, that the choices they've made in their lives determine what they turn into, not what their 'thinking' (or thoughts masquerading as feelings) says.

In that case, odds are good I'd be a four-legged creature of some sort, perhaps shaggy, with teeth and perhaps a bit of attitude. I'm not sure if it would be a horse, a wolf or a dog or perhaps even a cat. Or, yeah yeah, a badger. A honey badger probably.

>.<

What would I *like* to turn into? Oh that is entirely different!

A mongoose. I'd be a mongoose.

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

If I were able to become an Animagus, I'm quite sure that I would be a cat. I've always loved cats ever since I was little. I like how a cat is independent, but also affectionate. I like how curious cats are and very mobile. It is easy for a cat to get into tight spaces and go exploring. Of course, I have no idea exactly what type of cat I would be, but I hope I'm fluffy!

If you could master the skill and become an animagus, which animal would you transform into and why? How do you think this animal in particular matches your personality?

... I've no idea what my animagus form would be. My Patronus, per Pottermore, is a small owl. That could be cool. Owls are cool. But ...

I'm thinking that a person doesn't have much of a choice as to what they turn into -- or rather, that the choices they've made in their lives determine what they turn into, not what their 'thinking' (or thoughts masquerading as feelings) says.

In that case, odds are good I'd be a four-legged creature of some sort, perhaps shaggy, with teeth and perhaps a bit of attitude. I'm not sure if it would be a horse, a wolf or a dog or perhaps even a cat. Or, yeah yeah, a badger. A honey badger probably.

>.<

What would I *like* to turn into? Oh that is entirely different!

A mongoose. I'd be a mongoose.

XD Hilarious! A mongoose is a perfectly fine Animagus Hahaha!