The Slytherin Dungeons
Maxwell Shadow

Professor Trelawney’s Prediction - Task 2

During the Divination exam, both Harry and Professor Trelawney make predictions that will prove to be true before the night is out. Have you ever made a wild (or tame!) prediction that came true? Did you see the ending coming in a film or tv show? Tell us about a time your divination skills proved effective!

10 scales if posted before Sunday 18th December, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Saturday 31st December, 23:59 HOL time.

When my nephew was born, I watched him sleeping in the hospital nursery with the other babies. I noted every movement and told my brother I thought he was left-handed. Turned out - he was!!!

One time I was going to an endurance ride and the night before we left, I had a dream that my truck (which would be pulling the horse trailer) would have troubles but we'd get to the ride fine anyway.

Lo and behold, the next day my truck died in town (while picking up a birthday cake for someone ...) but we got towed home, someone was able to do a temporary repair on the spark plug lines (did SOMETHING anyway) and we did end up getting to the ride!

I was so glad to have had the dream because it all happened almost exactly as it showed -- including the bit about still being able to go.

This is more of a general weather phenomenon than an actual prediction. Last Christmas was unusually warm that there was practically no snow during my family's annual ski trip to Vermont. Rather than ski for 3 days, we visited different sights, like the capital did the Ben & Jerry's Factory tour. My parents kept saying that if there was no snow next year, we'll drive to Canada. But I insisted that there would be snow.

Back in June/July, my passport expired, so my parents kept bugging me to renew it. "What if we go to Canada?" they would say. And I would reply, "We're not going to Canada. There will be snow this year."

It snowed here today and it has been snowing up in Vermont for a while now. And renewing my passport is still on my to-do list.

---

While watching an episode of Lost, I did make a correct prediction. When Cody asked how I knew, I said, "This show has the same writers as Once Upon a Time."

My friends are always really good at predicting what will happen in tv shows but I'm just rubbish. I've recently decided not to bother thinking ahead and just enjoy the show as I'm watching it and not to worry about not figuring out all the twists and turns - it's working really well for me!

I predicted that my football team would be relegated a couple of seasons ago (which we were) and that we wouldn't get promoted straight back to season after (which we weren't) but not sure if that counts as a good prediction or just shows I understand how rubbish our owners and manager were. I predict we will not get relegated or promoted this year but it's too early to tell if that one will come true or not!