The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

The Quidditch Final - Task 2

The Quidditch final between Gryffindor and Slytherin was one of the dirtiest matches ever. Madam Hooch was dishing out penalty after penalty. Which foul do you believe was the roughest? Were you impressed by any of the tactics?

10 scales if posted before Sunday 11th December, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Saturday 31st December, 23:59 HOL time.

It's like comparing apples to apples, for which was the roughest.

I think that Montague grabbing Katie Bell's head instead of the Quaffle, was perhaps one of the most dangerous of the rough play, because there were so many options for something to go wrong. Fortunately she was able to stay on her broom while cartwheeling in the air; fortunately he didn't rip her head off. Fortunately a lot of things didn't happen which could.

Impressed by any? Maybe I'm impressed by the excellent aim of Fred Weasley chucking his beater's club at the back of Marcus Flint's head ... but not by the deed.

I was impressed by Harry Potter zooming towards Angelina Johnson and breaking up the group of Slytherins who were attempting to block her from scoring. :)

When Bole hit Alicia with his club and tried to say he'd thought she was a Bludger was probably one of the dirtier tricks, i thought. I mean, a person looks nothing like a bludger!

I wasn't impressed with any of the penalties, but like Prof. Tarma I was impressed by Harry's flying; I loved how he kept blocking Malfoy!

The roughest foul to me was by the Slytherin beaters Derrick and Bole, attacking Wood with both bludgers when Fred and George were protecting Katie Bell and the quaffle was not within the scoring area.

The most impressive tactic to me was Harry anticipating the attack of Slytherin beaters Derrick and Bole and waiting for the precise moment to turn the Firebolt upward, which caused Derrick and Bole to collide with a sickening crunch.

Wow, there are so many appalling fouls to choose from, it's hard to single just one out, but if you forced me to (who's being rough now?!) I would say that hitting two bludgers at Wood was a pretty low move, especially since he wouldn't be prepared for it seeing as the Quaffle was no where near him.

I think that my favourite move was right towards the end of the match when Harry rode straight at the oncoming Slytherin team and cleared Angelina's way to the goal.

Although it wasn't the roughest foul, the one that upset me the most was Malfoy grabbing onto Harry's Firebolt twigs. It didn't seem right to potentially destroy a fairly new broomstick.

I absolutely loved the idea of Harry flying towards the Slytherins like a human Bludger. I think after so many years of Seeking in a completely separate channel from the rest of my team, I just find it really awesome that the Seeker can also assist with Quaffleplay.