The Slytherin Dungeons
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

The Quidditch Final - Task 1

The trio found the crystal ball lesson for Divination excruciatingly dull. What would you have done to pass the time? Have you ever walked out of a class like Hermione did?

10 scales if posted before Sunday 11th December, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Saturday 31st December, 23:59 HOL time.

I think that if I HAD to stay, i would draw little pictures of things and place them under the crystal balls so when you looked into the ball the image would show up all distorted!

But if I didn't HAVE to be there, I would absolutely leave. My time is valuable and I'm not about to waste it with something useless

I doodle. I doodle a lot. I've developed quite the extensive doodling skills. I'll start out taking notes, and then gradually start to doodle. Usually I doodle flowers. One can tell how long the training session is by how many pages of flowers I have doodled. (Unless I'm the one giving the training session, then I can't doodle.)

I've never walked out of a class like Hermione did -- but I did prevent a teacher from entering his classroom? Held the door against him getting in. Got other students to help me, even. (Twice -- two different teachers.) They eventually got in. >.< One came in through the side door which I'd completely forgot about. The other was able to prevail with greater strength and open the door anyway. Oh well.

I would have stared at the crystal ball and tried to imagine seeing things that I wanted to see rather than what was actually there.

I never walked out of a class like Hermione did but once I did walk out of a standardized exam.

I too am a doodler when I'm in a boring meeting (or class when I was in school). I draw lots and lots of stars and as I get more bored they spread out across the page. It used to be flowers but recently stars have become my doodle of choice. Another tactic we employ in boring meetings is word bingo where we pick a word at the start that we think will be said a lot then guess how many times it will come up. Usually I'm the one keeping count which helps to keep me awake and adds a bit of interest to the meeting.

I've never walked out of a class but I did once walk out of a training session. It was about writing reports and was a session we have at work every year. The person delivering it said something along the lines of "those who have had this training before are welcome to leave" so I did. I was the only one and the head-teacher tried to have a go at me about it afterwards until I reminded her that I had been given the option and had done nothing wrong. Still... oops!

I would have fun experimenting with the crystal ball and looking through it to see how would distort different items. I'm also a doodler, so I'm sure I would eventually head in that direction as well.

There have been quite a few classes that I would have loved to leave, but I've pretty much always forced myself to sit through them. The one class that I did leave early a couple of times was Pharmacy Law. Let's just say... There are very few ways to make that those lectures interesting. The 5 pm start time was also unfavorable, especially in the winter since I commuted to school. It was also, unfortunately, on Monday night, the same night as volleyball. If I had a 8:30 pm match that evening, I would go to lecture for 30 minutes or an hour and then head home.