The Slytherin Dungeons

In order to conjure a strong Patronus Charm, you need to concentrate, "with all your might, on a single, very happy memory." Share one or two of the best memories you have. We can all use some extra happiness!

10 scales if posted before Sunday 20th November, 23:59 HOL time.
5 scales if posted after that but before Wednesday 30th November, 23:59 HOL time.

It is really nice when you read something that you have experienced. I'll even start with a passage!

From Off the Page by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer:

This isn't just any kiss. This is the shooting-star, fireworks-finale, earth-shattering kiss that makes time stand still, so that we are spinning inside a universe made for two.

This is what love is: never wanting to give up.

The funny thing is I used to read passages like this and think there is no way this exists. Luckily I was proven wrong.

Now for a memory that's slightly less mushy... The first time I caught a Snitch! I honestly don't know the details, but that realization of "OMG, maybe I can play Quidditch!" is one that I will always remember.

I have a family photograph taken after my fourth birthday party. My mother, looking quite glamorous, is holding my four-month-old baby brother. I am sitting next to my father, wearing a gold organza party dress and looking every bit like a princess. Everything is right in the world!

Edited by Polaris Black

I love these happy memories :)

For me it's probably the moment at the end of a show when I'm on stage, the bows have just finished, the songs have all been sung and the audience are all applauding. The show I was in last week had a moment like this after every performance where I just felt filled up with happiness. It was even better because this time I got to stand next to my other half and found myself holding his hand as we waited for the curtains to close.