The Slytherin Dungeons

At his first anti-dementor lesson, Lupin introduces Harry to the Patronus: "The Patronus is a kind of positive force, a projection of the very things that the dementor feeds upon..." When Harry asks what a Patronus looks like, Lupin tells him, "Each one is unique to the wizard who conjures it." Here is some further information about the Patronus. Earlier this year, Pottermore released a Patronus test. What is your Patronus? Do you think it fits you? Has your Patronus ever changed form?

10 scales if posted before Sunday 20th November, 23:59 HOL time.

5 scales if posted after that but before Wednesday 30th November, 23:59 HOL time.

My Patronus is a Thestral. I found that fascinating as I've been the only one of my friends to get a magical creature for a Patronus; most of them have some kind of feline or owl, though a few did aquatic animals. I wonder if everyone can see my Patronus, or just the ones who can see actual thestrals?

I've read that when you become an animagus your Patronus often changes to match. While I think it would be cool to be a thestral, it wouldn't be very good for sneaking places, unless of course only people who've can see thestrals can see me; then i might get away with it.... I wonder if there is a potion or spell I can do to make sure my Patronus doesn't change when I become an animagus?

Per Pottermore, my Patronus is a Little Owl.

owl_patronus%20550x350_zpshlatkbms.jpg

Yes, it did use to be something else. Something rather fierce. But the wisdom of an owl might just disintegrate a dementor whereas a bear just sort of shreds them? I'd just choose they disintegrate, really. :lol:

Oh, neat! A Thestral! An owl Patronus is supposed to be pretty rare too!

I've always thought that my Patronus would be a fox or wolf or something in that family. I was a bit surprised to find out through Pottermore that my Patronus is a mountain hare. But after reading up on the mountain hare, it does seem to fit me well. I'm not as predatory as a fox/wolf, but I tend to move pretty quickly like a mountain hare. Sometimes I even hop from one thing to another. I really like the fact that the coat of the mountain hare changes color for winter.

My Pottermore Patronus is a White Swan:

You are introverted, cultured, and mysterious. People are curious about what makes you tick. You've got a lot of flair and creativity, but you temper it with moderation and grace. You can be too conservative at times. You resist acting too boldly. You seem calm and composed. You are reserved to the point of being self-absorbed. You put yourself first and work hard to achieve your goals.

Does it fit? You tell me!

I've taken the patronus test twice now on Pottermore. The first time (with my account that was outrageously sorted into Gryffindor!) I got white stallion which I don't think matches me at all. This whole account is rubbish, which is why I have a second one!

Those with the white stallion patronus possess a strong sense of self. It is difficult to convince them to turn away from personal beliefs or change who they are. Strength and durability in character make the white stallion especially formidable compared to the conjurers of other horse type patronus.

However, those who wield the white stallion can often be provocative and rub people up the way.

Account number two (which is slightly better and sorted into Hufflepuff) gives me a fox patronus:

If you have this patronus it is likely you can adapt to change with little distress. A key skill if you’re facing a world of Death Eaters and war. Those with the fox are often the clown in social situations and make many friends through this trait, however, they are independent at heart and won’t sacrifice personal beliefs for anybody. The strength and humour of character with this patronus can best be seen with Seamus Finnigan.