Maxwell Shadow

Prisoner of Azkaban

4 posts in this topic

It's the book that all (or maybe only some) of you have been waiting for. We've reached the, quite frankly, amazing Prisoner of Azkaban. We're going to run things a little differently this time because we want as many people as possible to get involved with this wonderful book.

Trivia - One question will be posted each day from Monday to Friday. You will have 24 hours to send your answers to February to earn your scales.

Tasks - Two tasks will be posted each week based on a chapter of the book. We're moving quickly so try to keep up! You will earn 10 scales if you complete the task the week it is set or 5 scales if it's completed by the end of the month.

Discussion - We really want people to talk to us about this book (what you like/love/dislike etc) so there will be a discussion thread running throughout the book. We would love you to discuss the chapter we are reading each week and you will be rewarded with scales for participation.

Bonuses - There will be some bonus activities which pop up throughout the term which you can earn scales through. Keep your eyes on this forum!

The Read-Along will begin on MONDAY 5th September with the first TWO chapters of Prisoner of Azkaban. After that there will be one chapter a week until Christmas. Hope to see as many people as possible from all houses getting involved.

I will be listening to the audiobook because I love the narrator, Jim Dale. I really enjoy the read-alongs and I'm looking forward to this! C'est super!

And we're off!

As a treat you have two chapters this week to get your teeth into. Future weeks will each have one chapter until we reach the end of the book (around Christmas time)

Enjoy!