Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia West

Aurelia West's Journal

Dear Journal,

I've started on my homework for this month, but I haven't turned in anything thus far. I've got one more show coming up this year, and as soon as that's done I'll have all summer to do HOL work and be more active.

The HOL Book Club is hosting HOLWriMo which looks exciting, and I'd love to participate, especially since by May I should be a lot less busy and have the time to put into writing at least 6000 words. Also Ravenclaw has started up an Icebreakers activity which has been fun to participate in so far. I'm really liking all the activities that they've come up with.

I finally made it back to the quidditch pitch to participate in a pickup this past weekend, and hopefully I'll start coming to more practices too. I haven't had much free time to bot lately though, and I should really get on that if I wish to improve.

That's about it for this entry.. Most of my energy is definitely focused on the upcoming show, but soon I'll have some time to relax!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

Tech week for our upcoming show has started, so I'm unsure how much I'll be able to be around for the next week. Also it's nearing the end of the year so projects and papers are due soon that I need to make sure I finish. It's really hard to believe that I've almost finished my freshman year of college, but it's also super exciting and there's so much ahead to come.

Schoolwork hasn't been too bad, but for the upcoming semester I'm potentially adding a minor in psychology, which I'm enthused about, but also slightly nervous for since I'll have to take some more classes for it.

HOL stuff has been kind of stagnant for me lately but I finished a couple of challenges recently that I need only turn in so after I do that I'll feel a bit more accomplished. My work is still in its beginning stages but I think that I'll be able to finish it all by the deadline. Hopefully I'll be around more pretty soon!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

It's May! Time sure has been flying by recently! The Spring show was a success and I got to see my family and begin moving some of my stuff out of the dorms. I've also decided recently, with minimal motherly encouraging, to add a second major in psychology which I'm really looking forward to beginning in the fall. Of course, this will also mean a good deal more work, but hopefully it'll help me learn how to manage my time more efficiently. I'm also taking one class online over the summer since it should be one of my more open times to take classes.

I'm essentially finished with college now, but I'll still be here until the end of this week. I don't have any finals left, but I need to confer with the professors of the dance department into how I've progressed over the course of this year. One of our professors is also retiring, so I'm sticking around so we can all wish her a warm farewell with a retirement party. However, since I've been here and had a decent amount of downtime, I've already sent off one of my assignments for May and done all of the HOLLERS and DoHGaS challenges fairly soon after they were put out. Now all that's left is to finish up those few classes.

I haven't started my work for HOLWriMo yet however, and that I am a little bummed about. I haven't even really thought about the world building and the most I've decided is that I'd like to write something in the fantasy genre, however that could very well change once I start putting the pen to paper. Hopefully I'll find it in myself to begin it soon!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

It sure has been a while! Since we last talked I finished my first year of college! It was immensely gratifying and I'm so excited for what is to come!

This month sure has been a whirlwind! I would expect to have some time to myself once school ended, and while I do have more free time, I've been busier than I expected.

I did manage to participate in HOLWriMo which made me exceedingly happy, but I really didn't get too much done until the last week of the month, so I'm really glad I managed to hit 6,000 words!

This year's Emerald Cup has begun and the theme this year is Beauxbatons and France! It's been really fun so far and I'm excited to participate in everything else the event has in store. 

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

This year is coming to a close, and while I've at least started on all of my final exams and the like, I need to finish them up and turn them all in so I can get some nice quills for my collection!

Coupe d'emeraude has been really fun so far! I'm loving all of the discussions, coloring pages, and puzzles and the IRC activities are really fun as well! We had the first game of Codenames this past weekend and while it took a little bit to make sure we all understood the rules, the game was really fun and I'm glad I'm getting to learn how to play it! We also had the first logic puzzle race last week and I didn't do very well in it which was a little disheartening, but I suppose now I have someplace to work up from..

Also I got to play in the last quidditch game of the year against Ravenclaw and I didn't do too badly! It was pretty fun getting to participate and I'm excited for whatever broom shenanigans will take place over the summer.

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

This year is officially over, and we came so close to edging Ravenclaw out of top spot this year! Though it's disheartening we didn't win, it sure has encouraged me to do better next year so that we can finally win it! I've finished all of my classes, and luckily managed to pick up a quill in each one. I didn't manage to get all 300 points available in each one though, which means that I can still do better! I also finally managed to accomplish my goal of earning over 3000 points, so I'm hoping to earn even more next year! We'll see how well I can manage to do that though since I'm adding so many classes. Here's to time management!

Coupe d'émeraude is still going on, though all tasks are due pretty soon! It's been super fun to be a part of, even though I missed out on playing Codenames this past go around, and may end up missing the next round due to a flight. In any case, it was lovely to learn how to play.

There seems to be a ton of things available to do over the summer, so I'm excited to get involved. Ravenclaw has adopted the art department and there are currently three activities going on to earn points for! Unfortunately, for some odd reason I can't log in to the Roost, even though my username and password are both correct. I've talked to people about it, so hopefully soon I'll be able to participate and start next year off with a hefty earning of points.

The Book Club is also running an activity in honor of the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone with 90 points up for grabs! I planned on participating anyway, as soon as I have time to sit down and think up a good thing to contribute to the discussion. It's so crazy and awesome that the first book has been out for twenty years, and I'm glad I get to see this 20th anniversary celebration!

Gryffindor is hosting a read-along and an activity for The Tales of Beedle the Bard, so I'm also quite excited to reread that and become more familiar with the stories! Summer Quidditch League is coming up, and I sincerely hope I get to participate, since I'm unsure how much time I'll have to participate in quidditch next year. All in all, there's so much coming up, and I'm excited to take part in it all! Here's to an awesome summer and an even better upcoming year!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

What an event filled summer! Get ready for a not-so-small update!

This summer was filled with fun events and activities. Ravenclaw hosted an amusement park entitled Rowena's Realm with 4 weeks of fun activities centered around the theme. There was a lovely variety of activities and it was really great to participate in even if I fell off the wagon near the end. Unfortunately, this is probably how many of these tales will end.

Hufflepuff hosted Summer Vacations also for 4 weeks where the next week of tasks was revealed by completing the last task of the week previous. These were also all really fun challenges, but near the end I didn't manage to complete all of them. Gryffindor's Beedle the Bard activity was also really fun. I loved that I finally got to read all of the tales. I came really close to nabbing the award, but in the end fell two challenges short. In hindsight, I wish I'd kicked myself to do the two earlier ones I missed instead of counting upon the two that were due the weekend I was moving.

Summer Quidditch League is also going really well. I've gotten to play in a handful of games and have really enjoyed each experience. It's been fun getting to both play and cheer on my team members. Also, this year I decided to sign up for the Seeking Tournament and I'm so very glad I did as I've been having a blast getting to chase after the snitch. I've played two games so far and somehow managed to seek my way to the playoffs. It's been such a good learning experience overall, though I've realized how much more I need to bot if I'm going to be worth my salt.

Now that Hufflepuff's Summer Vacations are over, this month is host to Fantastic Beasts. The first week just finished and it's been good fun so far. I've only read through the book once or twice so this activity will be sure to be a good refresher. As a bonus, there's a shiny award at the end of the tunnel. Speaking of potential awards, I just updated with my first book for the Summer Reading Challenge. I have two more books to go, and while I managed to read a decent amount during July, I think that I'll stick with books I've read in August to end up posting about since I have some exciting books planned. 

In any case, HOL updates aside, I just finished moving into my new apartment for the upcoming year! I'm really excited for this year and I'm glad to return to school. However, this is when the rollercoaster that is life comes in, and we'll see how well I manage to keep both RL and HOL at the forefront of my priorities. As I mentioned in my last post, I'd really like to earn more points this year than I did last, so I sincerely hope that can happen.

Aure