The Slytherin Dungeons

Aurelia West's Journal

Aurelia West

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Journal,

This summer sure has been eventful. I tried to participate in as much as I could, and I think it was a ton of fun! Back in July, I did Lion's Ludo with my team The Ludo Bagmans. Amanda and Joey made some awesome signatures for the team and I really enjoyed doing the various puzzles :)

I also participated in the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Wonderland summer camp a bit, but I wasn't able to finish all four weeks of challenges. I really liked learning more about Wonderland though and the activities were both fun and also quite challenging.

Also, I played in my first quidditch game during SQL. I was on the team Wingdings, and I had a lot of fun watching the games and participating! I didn't do nearly as badly as I had anticipated and had a lovely time with my teammates.

I did a couple of tasks for the Shakespeare Summer Festival, but not as much as I had wanted to originally because much of my time was eaten up packing for college.

The class list for this year has just gone up, although sign ups aren't available for a couple more days, and I'm so excited to start the new year! I really hope to stay involved this year, and maybe even try out for the quidditch team!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

I did it! I'm officially a member of the Slytherin Quidditch Team and I'm super excited for my first practice! I don't quite know what it will entail, but I really hope to be there! I've started doing a bit of the DoHGaS and HOLLERS tasks for this month, but I haven't managed to finish any yet as I'm super booked with college-y things. I don't think I've ever been as exhausted in my life.

This past week I was dancing for basically 7 hours a day plus two hours of rehearsal afterwards, and it was so difficult that my feet hurt every morning when I woke up. I'm running a bit behind on RL homework as well, not to mention HOL things, since I didn't get any kind of break for Labor Day weekend, but I really hope to use this upcoming weekend to get everything back on track.

The main HOL website seems to be acting up quite a bit lately. I've submitted something for the current art department project, which I'm really glad I was able to do, but I'm a little unsure if it actually went through. Also my poor owl Sheldon is angry now, since my pet log no longer registers when I pet her and I really hope she doesn't run away from me after it gets fixed!

I haven't quite managed to turn in any homework yet, but I'm working on it, honest! I really want to do as much as I can this year, and hopefully finally earn over 3000 points! Alte Sententiam is bringing back their Bingo this year, and since I really hope to write for some house newspapers this year it's wonderful motivation.

Wish me luck finishing up this week!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

I now realize that I never mentioned which classes I signed up for this school year. I signed up for five for maximum point earning opportunities and I'm really excited for all of them!

Astrology and Harry Potter

Dance Academy: Ballet

Dreamology 101

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Norse Myths and Legends

Also I've gone to a couple of quidditch practices, and while I have a ton of work cut out for me before I'm a decent quidditch player, I had a lot of fun! I'm really looking forward to botting more and hopefully gaining more quidditch knowledge (maybe even playing in a game?) and I'm really glad I've been able to make it to those few practices so far.

The Snakes on a Train activity was really fun, and although I didn't manage to send in all of the tasks, I did do more than half so I'm starting off this term with a decent amount of scales under my belt. I've also adopted quidditch and the art department for this year so I'm excited to get more involved with both of them. My art department submission did go through, but it was rather hurried and I wish I could have put more time into it.

I've finally sent in my first bit of homework for my Dance Academy: Ballet class, but I really need to get myself together and turn in all my other homework in as soon as possible. There's nothing worse than waiting until the last second!

Also the HOL website seems to be fixed, so I'm quite happy about that! So is my owl, who I'm very glad has decided to stay with me through all of that chaos. Now we can also use the greenhouses again, so maybe I'll go over and plant a couple things right now!

Til the next time!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

This college thing is a bit different than I expected. I haven't had as much free time as I've always been told I'd have, mainly because I have rehearsals for 2 hours everyday on top of classes, but I've been keeping up relatively well I'd like to think.

I didn't manage to submit anything to Alte for this issue, but I'm in the process of doing something for the Serpentimes exclusives. I did send in all of my homework for this month, and that was something I wasn't sure I'd be able to do so I'm pleased. Somehow I even made top ten points earners this month which I did not expect to happen at all!

I've got a decent amount of time this weekend, so I'd really like to get a head start on October homework. Also I'm excited for Gryffindor's upcoming Gryfftoberfest, and I really hope to participate!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

October's been a pretty hectic month so far! I got off to a pretty good start homework wise and turned in two of my assignments on October 2nd, but the rest of them have yet to be done. I like to choose the artistic options for homework because I enjoy drawing, but I always overestimate just how much time I have to work on said drawings.

College midterms happened, and considering I'm a dance major, I only had one major midterm to study for, for which I was grateful. I also was given the opportunity to travel with the dance department to tour a piece to a different state which was really exciting! Unfortunately I missed four days of classes because of that so I had to prioritize my time a bunch to make sure everything got finished that week.

I managed to submit Serpentimes exclusives as well! I'm really pleased because I've always wanted to submit something to one of the newspapers. I've earned a decent amount of points as well this month, and I'm really happy that I've managed to keep up academic wise, if not always extra-curricular wise.

I fell behind on the HP Read Along stuff since I was on the computer fairly sporadically throughout this month, but I hope to pull it together in November after our Fall Dance Concert is over and I have a bit more free time.

Slyth-o-ween has started up, and I'm excited to participate. So far I've found all of the scavenger hunt pieces around the Dungeons, but I'm not too good at nonograms so we'll see how that one goes. Gryfftoberfest is also underway and I've done one of the four raffle ticket opportunities so far, and I hope to do more if possible.

Also, the Book Club is doing Publishing Pursuits II. I wasn't around for the first one so I don't know entirely what it entails, but I'm almost finished with the word search and it sounds like a lot of fun!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

There was so much going on in October, and I'm bummed I had to miss out on some of it. College life is just a little too unpredictable for me at this point, but maybe soon it'll calm down and I'll have a routine I can follow. I had my first college dance concert this past weekend and it went really well! I was also able to see my mom and sister, who I've really been missing, so it was lovely to see them again.

I didn't quite manage to send in all possible work to gain the max amount of points this month, so now I'm determined to succeed this month. I'd also really like to keep up more in the Read-Along this month, so hopefully both of those goals come to fruition.

I also didn't manage to do quite as much for Slyth-o-ween and Gryfftoberfest as I would have liked, but at least I participated in both minimally if not to my fullest extent.

The deadline for the Book Club's Publishing Pursuits II has been lengthened to November 30th so hopefully I'll be able to participate in more of that.

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

I'd like to say things have evened out a bit, but as I'd been told at the beginning of the semester, being a dance major is a pretty hectic time. My rehearsal schedule has now changed, and as it's nearing the end of the semester I've been having more papers due and projects looming in the distance.

I had another opportunity to perform in a fundraising event for the dance department, and I also was able to return home last weekend in order to attend a rehearsal for my studio's production of The Nutcracker which was lovely.

It was a strange feeling to be home and drive around for the first time in three months. It was really weird for me to look inside my refrigerator and not recognize any of the food because usually when we go grocery shopping, my mom, sister, and I are all very aware of which food items we plan to consume, but when I got home after so long, I just looked at the food in the fridge and realized none of it was mine.

I've only turned in one of my homework assignments so far, but I'm counting on Thanksgiving break to finish up all the rest. I've done decently at keeping up with trivia for the Read Along this month, but I've got to get into gear on the weekly tasks so I can earn some more scales.

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

Thanksgiving Break did not end up being a particularly efficient time for me to catch up on everything I needed to do. We had some family members come in rather unexpectedly, so we had to tend to them. Also, for the first time, my mom, sister, and I were in charge of helping to cook everything so that was also a time eater. However the break did offer some well needed R&R from the hectic college lifestyle I had set into. One day I took a 4 hour nap which I haven't done in what feels like ages!

Unfortunately this also means that I didn't manage to send in anything for Publishing Pursuits and I once again fell behind in the Harry Potter Read Along, though not as much as I did last time. I did manage to send in all of my assignments so at least there's that small comfort.

This semester is almost over and I'm really excited to be finished with the year. I don't have anything planned for over break yet, but I'm excited for what is to come!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

Slythmas has begun! I'm so excited for all of the upcoming activities, as well as the festive aura in the air! I've almost finished my first semester of college which is as amazing as it is terrifying, and I'm super pumped for next semester!

I can't wait until winter break because I'll have so much time to get HOL work done, but I'll also have so much spare time that I don't know if I'll know what to do with it all!

We're still in third place for the house cup, but a lot of points haven't come in yet, so I think Slytherin is still in the running for sure!

All the best,

Aure

Dear Journal,

This year I was invited back to perform in my dance studio's production of The Nutcracker and it was tons of fun! It was amazing to be back at the studio and be participating in such a well-loved tradition with some of the girls I've essentially grown up with along with some lovely new faces! I've just finished the third performance and am getting ready to return to college life for just one week before I'm officially on winter break.

The Book Club is doing a Winter Reading Challenge and I'm super hyped! I have so many books I've been meaning to read that I've had for months on end, and maybe an award lingering in the distance will be enough motivation to get me to finish them. I've pledged four books since I have so much time on break, so hopefully I'll be able to do at least that much!

The Huffle Holidays have taken a strange turn, and something, or someone, has gone missing! As of now, I'm super confused about how to proceed with this information, but hopefully sitting on it for a little will help me figure it out.

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

I wanted to finish two books before the end of the year to ensure I'm on track for my Winter Reading Challenge goal, but so far I'm just a decent amount of the way through two books and not quite finished. I still think I'll be able to get to my goal though, I just need to get down to it!

I've also only turned in one of my December homework assignments so far, so hopefully I'll be able to get everything done by the 31st! Slythmas has been going along swimmingly and I'm really enjoying doing all of the fun activities. I'm a little behind though, so I'll work on catching up for the next couple days.

Also Huffle Holidays is also still going strong, but we need people to post solutions to the answer thread in order to find the missing people! There are so many fun activities to earn diamonds as well, so why not go participate?

The holidays have been wonderful, and surprisingly I've been keeping fairly busy! I also got to see a lot more family members than I originally anticipated, so that was a lovely Christmas surprise <3

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

It's a new year! Hopefully this new year will entail good things for both myself and all of HOL. This term is almost over, and I still need to finish up my January assignments which I plan on working on today and tomorrow.

My Winter Reading Challenge is going fairly well, but I haven't reached my goal just yet! I've attended a couple NAPs over the past month, and those have been pretty fun regardless of my skill level in comparison to everyone else's. I hope to be able to attend more quidditch practices in the upcoming term.

Huffle Holidays are almost finished, and I'm still chugging along at those. I'm also getting a start on the current DoHGaS challenges because I know as soon as university starts up for me again, I'll have less time to complete them.

Best wishes for everyone in the upcoming year!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

This past week has been so busy! One of my best friends who moved away two years ago came into town this past week and it was filled with brunches and movie nights as I got to catch up with her. I'm already back at college as I've come back a bit early to do a winter dance intensive, and it's a good thing I did as there's an ice storm coming to town and a lot of my friends' flights have been delayed because of it!

My break was nice, but my life will get a lot busier now that it's over and I'm kind of excited for that! I'm so close to completing all of my class work for this semester but not quite there yet. My friend arriving in town left me less free time than I expected.

I ended up doing pretty well in the Huffle Holidays and came in fifth diamond-earning wise which isn't too shabby. We also luckily found all of the missing people and returned them safely to the Sett!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

I did it! I've managed to send in all of my homework for the term! Considering I wasn't sure how much time I'd have, since I'm still learning how to juggle college academics and HOL, I think I did a pretty good job! Hopefully I can manage to earn a ton of points! One of my goals is to break 3000 points so hopefully that happens!

I had a really fun and enlightening time at the dance intensive, and I'm so glad I went as I was able to work with some amazing instructors! This first week back has definitely been rough, and as I'm writing this I'm pretty tired, but I'm also really looking forward to this term!

My Winter Reading Challenge is chugging along kind of slowly, and I'm a little worried about it now since things are starting up again, so I won't have as much reading time. I'll just have to prioritize it more because I really do want a nice reading challenge shiny!

Oh and I almost completely forgot to mention that I've become a Promising Student this past week! I'm super excited to help plan fun activities for the house in the future and I'm currently brainstorming fun ideas :D

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

All of my points from classes are finally in and I've finished the semester with 1602 points! Hopefully this means that I'll be able to grab over 3000 this school year! I've gotten a quill from each of my classes and also got 8 awards!

I played in my first official quidditch match this past weekend against RQT, and I was super nervous, but it went really well, and I even got in a few blocks! It was a huge amount of fun and I can't wait to participate in more games in the future!

Again, I'm still slightly slacking on my Winter Reading Challenge, but I do think I'll manage to complete all of my books. This week has been a bit hectic so far, and I'm a little worried since I'm taking more classes this semester, but I hope I'll manage to give it my all for the upcoming spring term!

I'm so excited for classes to start, as it's one of my favorite things, but also the most difficult, to choose them. I'm in two yearlong classes so I only have room for three semester ones, so it'll be a little difficult to pin down this time around!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

I managed to really focus on reading and thankfully was able to complete my reading challenge. I got a nice shiny for it, and also got to participate more in the Book Club. I really like it there, and I hope to participate more in the future, so I decided to adopt it for Spring Term! I've been participating in Quick Quotes recently, so I'd love to continue doing that.

Surprisingly, I also got third place in the scales race this past term, so that's pretty cool! I'm really excited for this semester and I love the three classes I finally managed to choose.

This semester I'm taking:
Forensic Anthropology: When Bones Talk

Healing Herbology

Poetry Writing

on top of Norse Myths and Legends and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! I think it'll be a really fun term!

I've already chosen some things to do for Serpentimes this issue, and I'm excited to contribute! I've started on the HOLLERS and DoHGaS challenges this month, but haven't quite sent them in yet. I'd also like to start participating in the Book Club's monthly prompts and word crawls because I'd love to write more than I have been.

Also, a couple weeks ago I was able to attend the U.S. Figure Skating Championships with a friend of mine who also used to be a figure skater, and I wrote up an article about it that will soon be published in the Gryffindor Paw Print! It was such a fun experience, and I'm so glad I was able to go!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

These past couple weeks have been pretty hectic with upcoming shows quickly approaching, and these next two will be similarly hectic, so I sincerely hope I can manage to get all of my work done!

The Book Club has started up the Harry Potter Book Festival and I've done all of the prompts for the first week, which I found quite fun! Slytherin also recently concluded the Banner Contest and two of my banners got chosen to grace the info page and the green versus silver page which is a real honor! Revelio has started up and so far it's been super fun! We've got a decent number of participants, and I'm really liking drawing things!

My story and review of the Figure Skating Championships got published in the Paw Print but I haven't gotten any points for them yet, and I'm awaiting them slightly anxiously.

Other than all that, I really need to buckle down on my assignments for this month, and I need to do them soon so that I can put my full effort into tech week!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

Wow, am I glad to see you! I've missed the Dungeons the past couple of days <3

This past week was just about as hectic as a week in my life has ever been! I spent about 16 hours in the sound booth operating sound for the first show, and then had the immense privilege of performing in four pieces in the second. I also got to see my mom and sister again, as well as a couple of my mom's friends who came out to see me, and that was really nice.

I signed up for the Ravenclaw Debate Competition, but I've struggled with completing an argument, and it didn't help that most of my attention was focused on teching the shows this past week, but I plan to get an argument up as soon as I can!

The Harry Potter Book Festival has continued to be really fun, and I'm loving the prompts they're putting out! Revelio got slightly interrupted because of the Dungeons update, but it's still chugging along, and I'm still having a lovely time participating and drawing new things!

Homework wise, I'm doing fairly steady, but I have two more assignments to turn in, one of which is mostly done save for a writing portion that I need to buckle down and do. I've just had a couple midterms in RL, and I have an essay coming up, but I think (hope) that everything will manage to be finished soon!

Also I earned a lovely shiny for being active around the Sett this past term, and I'm super honored! I really like the environment there, but rest assured that I'll always return to the Dungeons! 

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

Our two weeks of shows are finally over! It's such a relief to finally have a little free time on my hands... except I don't quite. Next week is a guest choreographer residency and if I get into the piece it'll be another fun week of 6+ hours of rehearsal per day on top of my academic classes, so wish me luck!

Somehow I actually managed to get all of the DoHGaS and HOLLERS challenges for this month done, but that might have been some kind of effort to avoid doing my homework, as I still need to turn in those two assignments, though I have made some major progress.

I'm really enjoying the tasks put out for the Harry Potter Book Festival, and I'm having a really fun time with them! Revelio is also still going well! I had a little trouble with one of my clues, mainly because I decided to draw it even though I knew it would be difficult, but it all worked out! I had hoped to try to draw out all of my items, but as the weeks go on they look to be getting more complicated to draw/describe. I'm really excited for the upcoming months, and it's super difficult to believe that I'm almost finished with my first year of college!

Aure

Dear Journal,

I can't believe it's already March! The days sure are flying by! I've been pretty busy lately teching shows and learning a new piece under an awesome guest choreographer, but I did manage to send in all of my homework for February. Somehow I made the top ten points earners list even though I only earned 20 points this month! Let's get on earning those points because we're so close behind Hufflepuff I can taste second place (hopefully even first this year!)

I'm really loving all of the classes I've picked for this semester, and I'm really glad I chose them. In poetry writing, we get to do monthly poetry workshops and I'm loving getting feedback on some poems I've written and the entire atmosphere feels a lot more collaborative. Revelio is still chugging along, but since I've been pretty busy, I'm a little behind on this week so I'm trying my best to finish up my card in time for next week!

This month will definitely be an exciting one, and I'm already planning out how much work I'll be able to get done come Spring Break! Also I got to post a Monthly Scales Challenge for the first time, and for some reason that made me really happy! I definitely need to get to work on my Serpentimes submissions though, as the deadline is coming up in less than two weeks!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

This term has been one of the most hectic terms in my real life by far. It seems as if I've been going nearly nonstop for over four weeks now with hardly any breaks. However, I am sure that this year's spring concert will be pretty amazing, so in the end it will all be worth it.

Unfortunately, this means I haven't turned in any March homework yet and am slightly scrambling on my Serpentimes submissions. Hopefully soon I'll be able to find a time to get those completed, as I'd really like to contribute this issue.

I haven't been keeping up too well with activities around HOL because of this, so I didn't manage to do the Harry Potter Book Festival tasks this week, nor did I participate in Revelio much, so I'll get to working on that. Luckily Spring Break is soon so in the future I'll have a good amount of time to finish up everything I need to do, but as of now, there's definitely a lot of unnecessary stress in my life.

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

Last Friday, I had a performance which then freed up my schedule in the evenings quite a bit. However, things are still hectic and I'm honestly just holding out for Spring Break in order to complete all of my HOL work. I did manage to submit my Harry Potter Book Festival entries, and I turned in everything I said I would for Serpentimes, however I didn't manage to do all of the exclusives this issue which means lost points..

Spring Breaks starts this Saturday for me, so hopefully I'll be able to get my head on straight and buckle down to do all the work I haven't yet done! I've started my homework for Forensic Anthropology, but that's actually all and it's not even finished! I'm definitely nervous for this month, but I think that I'll be able to complete it all!

DoHGaS and HOLLERS challenges have completely fallen into the background for me now, but if I manage to get those done too, I'll be really happy with myself. That Yahtzee one is quite tough! I played it five times and never beat the computer! I guess this means I really need to work on my Yahtzee skills :P

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Journal,

The Dungeons certainly have gotten quite festive for the upcoming season! I'm not sure how to feel about it now, but I'm sure I will get used to it soon. I haven't been around much the past month (eek, it really has been that long! :o) as my schedule has been all over the place this semester. Soon I'll be finished with my first year of college though, and that'll be both exciting and scary. At least I'll then have more time to work on all of my assignments!

I'll be honest here and state that I barely had any time near the end of the month to get my assignments in, but luckily I managed it! I don't have too much of break left, but I'm definitely going to try to start on April assignments now rather than let things get hectic again. I really am loving all of the subjects I've chosen, as the assignments allow me to do a lot of different things. I especially enjoy the poetry workshops and getting to read some of the poetry of my fellow classmates!

I still have two cards left in Revelio that I've been holding onto for almost a month, so I should really get on that and finish those up, as I had such a lovely time playing the first couple weeks!

The Book Club is going to read Inkheart for this month and I'm really excited for it! I didn't participate in the last read along to Hunger Games, but hopefully I'll get to participate more for this one! Also, though I missed a couple tasks for the Harry Potter Book Festival, I should still be on track to get a nice, shiny award at the end of it, so I'll do my best to continue participating!

Aure

Scales awarded
~Max

Dear Journal,

It's the first week back at school after break and I think it's been going pretty well so far! I don't have too much work to do so I've managed to stay on track with all my academic work and get a start on my April HOL work.

I'm trying to get back into being active on HOL since I took a small leave of absence, and I've already done all of the DoHGaS challenges out for April so far so I think I'm off to a decent start.

The Harry Potter Book Festival wrapped up in the book club and it was loads of fun! I'm really excited for it to return next year. Now they've begun reading Inkheart for April and I really hope to join in with the discussion, because it looks like a load of fun! I've also been trying to think about books to potentially recommend to read, so hopefully I come up with something soon.

My break went really well and I was able to spend a good amount of time with one of my friends who's studying in a different country so I was happy I got the opportunity to catch up.

Aure

P.S. I have no idea what I was talking about last journal entry about festive Dungeons decorations.. The Dungeons looks the same as it's always looked

Scales awarded
~Max