The Slytherin Dungeons
Sign in to follow this  
Maxwell Shadow

The Whomping Willow - Task 2

Snape unrolled today’s issue of the Evening Prophet. “You were seen,” he hissed, showing them the headline: FLYING FORD ANGLIA MYSTIFIES MUGGLES. He began to read aloud: “Two Muggles in London, convinced they saw an old car flying over the Post Office tower… at noon in Norfolk, Mrs. Hetty Bayliss, while hanging out her washing… Mr. Angus Fleet, of Peebles, reported to police…Six or seven Muggles in all.

Imagine you are one the muggles that saw the boys flying Mr Weasley's car up to Hogwarts. Would you tell your friends and family about it? Would you report it to the papers? Write a short diary entry describing your experience including what you saw, what you were doing at the time and what you thought/felt. 10 scales available if submitted before 23:59 HOL time on April 30th.

1 September 1992

After working a double shift at the hospital yesterday, I was hoping to sleep in until noon on my day off. Of course, Riley wouldn't allow it, waking me up around 11 by jumping on me and licking my face. The joys of being a dog parent! Somehow I managed to find her leash in my sleepy stupor and we left the flat for a late morning walk.

When we got to the park, I let Riley loose to run around and work off all her energy. She started running in an odd pattern and barking at the sky. I looked up, but didn't see anything. I assumed it was a simply a bird flying by. Her barking continued for a good 5 minutes. I glanced at the sky again, but this time I thought I saw a tiny car. I blinked and it was gone. A flying car? I must've been dreaming. Lack of sleep makes your mind play tricks on you!

Sign in to follow this