The Slytherin Dungeons
Sign in to follow this  
Maxwell Shadow

The "What If?" Game.

THE BACKGROUND

The idea behind this game is very simple... what if something in the Potter series had happened differently? What would be the consequences, be they big or be they small? Recently the question of "What if Dumbledore had taken Harry to live with Snape at the beginning of PS instead of the Dursleys" was thrust upon me out of the blue and it really made me think.

HOW IT WORKS

At the end of this thread I will post a "What If?" question. The next poster in the thread will need to answer my question in whatever way they see fit, be that serious or funny, completely made up or backed up with evidence. Once they have posted a response they leave their own "What If?" for the next person to answer.

LOGISTICS

You can post in this thread as many times as you want during each month but only your first two contributions will earn scales. You get 10 scales for each of your first two posts as long as you have answered the previous question and set your own. All "What If?" questions must come from the chapters being discussed that month and you cannot answer your own question.

QUESTIONS?

Message me or post them in this thread (as long as it's not going to disrupt the flow too much!)

So lets begin...

What if Mr Weasley hadn't enchanted the car to make it fly?

Then hopefully Fred, George, and Ron had learned to hotwire an ignition switch with the same skill they learned to pick muggle locks; otherwise, when someone from Hogwarts showed up to get Harry for school, his magic may have been gone, and Voldemort may have won the war.

What if Harry hadn't received that warning letter from the Ministry of Magic, and the Dursleys discovered he wasn't allowed to do magic after all?

I think Ron and the twins still would have come to rescue him since they hadn't heard from him all summer, but it wouldn't have been as hard and noisy for him to sneak out the window. I also think his summers at home after that would have been a little bit better, but i still think they would have found out eventually.

What if Hagrid hadn't found Harry in Knockturn Alley?

Harry would have been kidnapped by the crazy evil people of the alley, hidden in a basement and handed over to the Death Eaters. Either that or he would have found the exit by himself XD

What if Aunt Petunia had planned ice-cream for dessert instead of the pudding of whipped cream and sugared violets?

BUMP

Don't forget about this thread! Sorry if my "What-if" put you off, just answer something really stupid so we can move on!

So far 10 scales each to go February, Arianna and me but there are plenty more up for grabs.

Sign in to follow this