The Slytherin Dungeons

What are you being for HALLOWEEN?!

Bianca Delacroix

I love to create costumes for Halloween. I am too old for trick or treating but we like to go out to costume parties. I have as much fun working on putting together and making a costume as I do wearing it on the night!

As a little kid my mom always made our costumes and I always felt that was special because I never showed up in the same costume as anyone else. It was entirely unique.

I am trying to think of what I want to be for Halloween this year (last year I was a Circus ring master). I was wondering...

What are YOU being for Halloween?

halloween.png

Edited by Bianca Delacroix

Oh I love that idea! Please share a photo once you're done with your costume! <3

We don't celebrate Halloween where I live, which is really a shame... I think I would love it!

It is growing here though, special nights at amusement parks and such, but we are not allowed to go all dressed-up there.

But, if I would go and celebrate Halloween in the USA.... I would totally go as a zombie princess or something :)

Part of my family is English and now they all live here in the States but when they were little they lived in Blackheath, England. They don't celebrate Halloween in England either, but my cousins used to have Halloween parties and their friends loved it because it wasn't something anyone else there did. They also had Thanksgiving there, which I always felt was kind of odd but you know, any excuse to be with family and eat lots of food!

I will definitely post a picture once I have it figured out! I'm excited, I think it will be a fun (and warm) costume since I'll be in new york wearing it and it'll probably be like 40-50 degrees out, eeesh!

No costumes - sorry. Normally only the kids who do trick or treating here dress up, unless you're going to a party of some sorts. I'm decorating a pumpkin (on Halloween, we take out lit Jack-o-Lanterns and push them off the boat docks into the river LOL), attending a Haunted Ghost Walk Tour and Hayride, and being involved in a paranormal ghost hunting investigation in the old courthouse jailhouse. I may even visit the fortune teller they'll have. Going to take a gazillion photos.

I used to love to dress up with my best friend - we'd go as the twin girls from The Shining :D

Unfortunately, I have to work closing shifts every night of Halloween weekend. I work in retail where we’re dealing with ladders and tight spaces so dressing up is really hard. :( Knowing me, I’ll just wear a Hogwarts uniforms with my Slytherin robe. No shame whatsoever. ^^

I'm going to be a snow cone! I have a rainbow wig and made the cone part out of cardboard

Oh my gosh Arianna that is so clever, I have to admit, I was Mustard one year hahaha. We used giant hoops and made it look like an old school mustard bottle and I wore a cone head

Unfortunately, I have to work closing shifts every night of Halloween weekend. I work in retail where we’re dealing with ladders and tight spaces so dressing up is really hard. :( Knowing me, I’ll just wear a Hogwarts uniforms with my Slytherin robe. No shame whatsoever. ^^

What are you doing, a floor change? I worked at Victorias secret in college and I loved doing those. We did it after closing and there is something really strange about walking around in comfy clothes with a coffee in hand through a store that is usually really strict about how you conduct yourself as an employee. I loved getting to see the new things before we hung them too. Especially the holiday items.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone! My name's Ainsley Ashwell, I'm new to HOL. My best friend and I are going as Petra and Anezka from Jane the Virgin (it's an amazing show that we watched on Netflix). If you know these characters please reply because I'd love to talk about the show with other Slytherins! 

Edited by Ainsley Ashwell

• 2 weeks later...

I went as a bunch of red grapes one year. I attached blown up red balloons to a sheet and wore the sheet. Easily the worst idea I've ever had. 

I'll probably dress up as Cinderella. I've always admired her attitude in the face of a bad situation. She never gave up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is it wrong to already be thinking about Halloween costumes so early? I think I might go as the powerful girls with my friends if we have the opportunity (I'm Buttercup) and if not I would love to go as either sadie adler from RDR2 or perhaps a marvel hero but i am undecided...i do have a while to make my mind up though 

• 2 years later...