February Fortescue

Pottermore Discoveries and Tie Ins

Pottermore has added further information from the author about the books, characters, objects, situations, etc. Some I remember and I've done my best to add the links. I've also noticed some interesting tie in. If any of the links are incorrect, please send me a message.

Here's some additional information about each individual House, with the images for the most part from Pottermore. The links are from my Photobucket account. It includes the Pottermore Common Room, the original Welcome Letter, some graphics they released, and one I found about the House members.

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

This quiz has ALL of the Sorting Hat questions which were on Pottermore. My belief is that Rowling was not so much looking for personality traits as she was looking for what we, as individuals, value most. Hermione loved books and being clever, but it wasn't what she considered most important. And remember what the Sorting Hat told Harry? "Not Slytherin? You could be great, you know." But this is my opinion. If you like, take the test. For me, it's both consist and accurate.

Pottermore's Sorting Hat Quiz

General:

Wand Cores

Wand Length and Flexibility

Wand Woods

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

The Boy Who Lived

Number Four, Privet Drive

Measurements

The Vanishing Glass

Vernon & Petunia Dursley

The Letters From No One

Pottermore included nothing from this chapter on the original site; however, when trying to escape from those letters, Harry and the Dursleys ended up at a motel in Cokeworth. This struck me as very significant, although it seemed to faze no one else. Why? Petunia and Lily Evans, and Severus Snape grew up in Cokeworth. Lily received her owl in that very city, and Harry was standing in the city his own mother grew up in.

Cokeworth

The Keeper of the Keys

Ghost Plots

Diagon Alley

Garrick Ollivander

clothing

The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters

The Hogwarts Express

toads

Platform Nine and Three Quarters

The Sorting Hat

Professor McGonagall and Minerva McGonagall